ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista - Broke

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody norah.
happily browsing the tinernets, downloaded a legit program, went to install, vista went mad, crashed. BSOD.
I do have AV software before you ask.

Now, i know its a virus, get an error on bootup for 0x00000020.
Kernal_blah blah blah _end

So, whipped out the UBCD4 and started having fun. Found a load of virus's, removed them, removed all spyware.
Doing a second scan now as pc still wont boot properly at all.
Safe mode DOES NOT work, in any mode.

Is there anything i need to know about this UBCD4 when using it that i could remove pish from registry with it. I have tried but i still cannot find jack why the kernel is crashing on me.

I do not have symantec either on the machine in anyway. So the errors relating to it i cant find.
Mini dump reveals nothing as it creates the file but doesnt write, so its 1KB with blankness., so im trying to get one properly.

Any ideas?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Bloody norah.
happily browsing the tinernets, downloaded a legit program, went to install, vista went mad, crashed. BSOD.
I do have AV software before you ask.

Now, i know its a virus, get an error on bootup for 0x00000020.
Kernal_blah blah blah _end

So, whipped out the UBCD4 and started having fun. Found a load of virus's, removed them, removed all spyware.
Doing a second scan now as pc still wont boot properly at all.
Safe mode DOES NOT work, in any mode.

Is there anything i need to know about this UBCD4 when using it that i could remove pish from registry with it. I have tried but i still cannot find jack why the kernel is crashing on me.

I do not have symantec either on the machine in anyway. So the errors relating to it i cant find.
Mini dump reveals nothing as it creates the file but doesnt write, so its 1KB with blankness., so im trying to get one properly.

Any ideas?

Your not using a Symantec AV are you? (ie Norton)

iirc this is a common BSOD that relates to this product.

Massive EDIT: I really should learn to read things properly

Last edited: