ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Help!!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Ok trying to install Sims2 on to my nieces computer and there is no option for installing?

The disk autoruns but instead of loading as i does on my XP machine it just comes up with the autorun menu. I have searhed google but no real answers.

Cheers

Scirocco GT 2.0
Go to My Computer (just 'Computer' in Vista) Right click on the CD/DVD Drive and click Open

Then once you can see the content of the disc, double-click on "Setup" or similar.

The usual, play with media player, explore etc.

When i explore there is no setup.exe or the like as there is when you run it on XP

Never really used Vista, is there any other things i should try?

Scirocco GT 2.0
The usual, play with media player, explore etc.

When i explore there is no setup.exe or the like as there is when you run it on XP

Never really used Vista, is there any other things i should try?

Which Sims are you trying to installed?

Sims, Sims 2? Expansion Pack..?

Sims 2, its on DVD not the CD version

Only one Vista account so i asume it has administrator rights?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Sims 2, its on DVD not the CD version

Only one Vista account so i asume it has administrator rights?

If you go Start > Click on the Display Picture it should link you to Control Panel > User Accounts. It will show you on that menu if you are Administrator or not.

I take it you installed Sims 2, not a Sims 2 Expansion pack?.. Obviously if you are installed an Expansion pack you need to install the Sims 2 core game first.

I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work, when you explore, do you see any Files/Folders? or does nothing appear?

There should be a Autorun.exe or Setup.exe somewhere..

There are 6 folders, if you open the autorun.exe it simply brings up the menu again

It is the ful game not an expansion