ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx vs. H&R coilovers

BG182 FF
Hey guys,
First I'm living in Germany so excuse my english.
I'm ging so buy some coilovers and planning to fit them to my 182FF. We have only two options here - Vmaxx and H&R. The Second one costs two times more than the First.

My question is What coilies should I buy? I'll mainly use the car as a daily. I offen driving long distance but also like to have some fun with it in regional curves. How is the quality on Vmaxx? How hard are them? Are Vmaxx worse than standart shocks? Which one could you recommend me?

Thanks

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
i would recommend standard shocks and uprated spring over Vmaxx coilovers if its a daily.

H&R coilovers are a good middle with good ride quality yet height adjustable (worth paying the extra for imo!)

BG182 FF
AW: Vmaxx vs. H&R coilovers

Okay I will wait for other meanings but it sounds like to buy H&R because standart shocks with springs aren't as low as I want to go for. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have the Spax RSX kit, height and damping adjustable. Nice kit and im happy.

Scott

BG182 FF
AW: Vmaxx vs. H&R coilovers

Thank you for answering Phase1 but spax isn't available here with TUV approval.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Okay I will wait for other meanings but it sounds like to buy H&R because standart shocks with springs aren't as low as I want to go for. :)

Eibach sportlines drop 45mm at the front 30mm at the rear thats plenty low enough u dont wanna go 2 low buddy

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Dont they ok fair dos then they dont then lol loads of sites that sell them say they do but they must be wrong lol what do they drop then lads?

Audi A5
If you care about handling then go for the H&R'S. also if you were interested in the Spax option, maybe ask danny519 on here, he sells them and maybe he could ship them to you.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I had Vmaxx on my 172 and they were good value for money. They handled better on road and track than the standard suspension but the ride could be a bit crashy if you had them lower than 50mm. I went on loads of drives in my Vmaxx'd 172 with Fletcher in his H&R'd 172 and there was never anything in it performance wise. My 172 was a daily driver and I used them on motorways and country roads without any problem.

The ride on H&R's is better though and so is the build quality. I neglected to look after my Vmaxx, the dampers and adjuster rings were fine after two years but the paint started to flake off the springs which wouldn't happen with H&R's. If you can afford it's worth going for H&R's but if you're prepared to look after them and accept a slightly poorer ride quality then Vmaxx are a good option.