ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone Gigafast fibre

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone with Vodafone for their broadband? Pretty much fed up of BT now, been with them at 2 properties and it’s been troublesome at both so thinking of switching. Obviously want much quicker speeds too, so I’ve noticed Vodafone can deliver 900Mbps (or up to) and I’m interested in hearing people’s thoughts. £48p/m for just the broadband, IIRC.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Can voda definitely get you 900mb in that area?

I'm with Virgin and get 250mb and that's plenty. The only gripe I have is their routers are a bit pants but the service is proper top notch!!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
And you still lag 🙄🤣

A mate has the 500Mbps plan and gets that. Well, he gets 530 actually 🤷🏼‍♂️ So don’t see why I couldn’t get the 900Mbps. Not that I need 900, but for an extra tenner a month I may as well go for it, future proofing I guess. COD is over 200GB now, PS5 games could be double that who knows.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
And you still lag 🙄🤣

A mate has the 500Mbps plan and gets that. Well, he gets 530 actually 🤷🏼‍♂️ So don’t see why I couldn’t get the 900Mbps. Not that I need 900, but for an extra tenner a month I may as well go for it, future proofing I guess. COD is over 200GB now, PS5 games could be double that who knows.
It wasn't my connection that 😂

I mean do they offer 900mb in that area? Some providers don't give FTTP in certain areas, make sure you can get it where you live first mate. I pay £33 a month for 250mb Virgin with TV. Plus your download will be capped by your PS5 anyway as it likely won't come with a gig nic anyway ;)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Fastest speed available here is 63mb apparently, currently getting 50mb download and 18mb upload with BT. I don’t get lag very often, but when I do it’s almost always happening to everyone else at the same time.

It’s a bit of a lottery as to what speeds you’ll get and how stable the connection will be.

It could be the cabinet supplying your house is the problem, or as Kyle said crappy routers. If you’re really unlucky it’s both!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Oh and don’t expect games to suddenly double in size, they’re not that big on PC now and that includes everything for 4K gaming already. Plus you’ll be at the mercy of the servers hosting the downloads.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It wasn't my connection that 😂

I mean do they offer 900mb in that area? Some providers don't give FTTP in certain areas, make sure you can get it where you live first mate. I pay £33 a month for 250mb Virgin with TV. Plus your download will be capped by your PS5 anyway as it likely won't come with a gig nic anyway ;)
Fastest speed available here is 63mb apparently, currently getting 50mb download and 18mb upload with BT. I don’t get lag very often, but when I do it’s almost always happening to everyone else at the same time.

It’s a bit of a lottery as to what speeds you’ll get and how stable the connection will be.

It could be the cabinet supplying your house is the problem, or as Kyle said crappy routers. If you’re really unlucky it’s both!
I think I’m just so bored of s**t download speeds and I want to just ball out on the fastest speeds available to me. I’ve entered my address on their coverage checker on their site and they say I can get 900Mbps to the property. I did get a new router recently from BT but the connection is still slow and cuts out around 3 times a day. At first I thought maybe a slightly damaged cable was getting waterlogged etc but even on dry days it still cuts out randomly. Zero issues on their end apparently so god knows.

I get around 10Mbps download on PS4 and 1Mbps upload. Ping (when playing fortnite, as it used to show my ping when playing it) used to show as 20ms iirc. Had these speeds for about a year now. I’m on whatever fibre package delivers 60Mbps but pay a reduced price due to the speeds.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
BT are absolute dogshit, properly and utter behind on times

Voda us Openreach lines (or cityfibre if it's been rolled out in your area) so if there was an issue with the lines when BT is pushing out you'll find you have an issue with Voda. More than likely it's just dogshit equipment and service from BT as mine used to the exact same, I'd get dropouts in rain and wind which was great fun considering I lived 100m above sea level in a climate where you get rain most days

If you're already paying ~£45 pcm with BT then moving to Voda would be a no brainer, just as long as there are no penalties for leaving your contract early

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm on Vodafone. One issue with the modem, rang that evening and new one sent the next day. 100% recommended.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had BT/Sky here without any issues. Fingers crossed switching sorts your problems though.

900mb is mental though lol. We get 70 and I can't really complain.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just get virgin media if you can I pay fotr the 100mb but always averaging about 110 120.
Can't see why you would pay that much just to get 900mb I pay that for the top virgin media package and landline🤣

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
We have Vodafone. I don't rate it. We have the superfast 2 package and its guaranteed minimum is 57mb and it doesn't even deliver 40.

I had BT before with no issues but it's expensive in my opinion

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Surely that is only going to be available for customers that already have FTTP? You will know if you have that, either you’re in a new property that came with it or someone would have been digging/throwing some cables over some poles and hoping for the best.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Surely that is only going to be available for customers that already have FTTP? You will know if you have that, either you’re in a new property that came with it or someone would have been digging/throwing some cables over some poles and hoping for the best.

Hmm, I’m not sure that’s true. And I’m basing that on me getting FTTP installed on the 27th. Fibre is somehow routed from the cabinet to my house. No digging. Let’s put it down to magic?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hmm, I’m not sure that’s true. And I’m basing that on me getting FTTP installed on the 27th. Fibre is somehow routed from the cabinet to my house. No digging. Let’s put it down to magic?

Ill be interested to know the outcome :)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Me to, i have my mobile with Vodafone, my internet is with Virigin, 350mb, and i get over 250 pretty much all the time.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ill be interested to know the outcome :)

The fibre has actually already been routed from the cabinet to my house. That was the first part of the installation. Saw the guy down a hole with a reel of fibre. How it’s done I’ve no idea. On the 27th they’ll be feeding and terminating the fibre inside my house.

I only knew I could get it as one of my neighbours got it done. I was nosey and asked the Openreach guy what he was doing. Placed my own order the next day. Annoyingly, Zen have changed their packages since I signed up from 38, 76, 150 and 300Mbs to 38, 100, 300 and 900Mbs.

I’m going to call them actually and ask if I can move to the 100Mbs package as it’s the same price as the 76Mbsone I signed up to but don’t yet have.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Strange that they aren’t advertising it in your area, I guess for some people they don’t really care unless the speeds they currently have are awful or their FTTC/ADSL2 is particularly unstable, aging copper can be abit shite at the best of times. The ISP im with only do a 360 package so im stuck on that at present although the line is capable of 1Gbps, not that I need any more than 360, would still get it though!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Surely the only thing that’s good for is piracy or cloud computing?

My mate was always convinced the top Virgin media package would give him an edge in gaming. No amount of explaining would he concede that the main thing that matters is ping and you get a decent ping with any BB provider these days.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Surely the only thing that’s good for is piracy or cloud computing?

My mate was always convinced the top Virgin media package would give him an edge in gaming. No amount of explaining would he concede that the main thing that matters is ping and you get a decent ping with any BB provider these days.

Yeh any half decent ISP and/or router should give anything sub 30ms these days which is fine for gaming tbh, low ping/latency is certainly not bandwidth related, however but if you do have a busy household the extra will help keep it down when the wife/kids are streaming or doing anything else using high amount of bandwidth. The worst issue I used to have back in ADSL days was the lack of upload with multiple users and the way this effected latency so the extra I have with FTTP is helpful for sure but even with Virgin you get 30Mbit upload I think which is more than enough for the average busy household.

Latency does by location and ISP though, Virgin can be terrible in some areas at peak times but absolutely fine in others, quantity over quality comes to mind!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Vodafone coming next Friday to setup my new plan, 500Mbps download and upload 👍🏻 He said I could get 900Mbps here, but 500 will do. Woop 🥳

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I wonder how many people get 900MBPS broadband and still continue to use 150-200MBPS powerline adapters inside the house? ;)

I only have 500Mbps broadband.....but my internal network is 10Gbps fibre for the main players on it, SSD to SSD transfers over the network are a little bit rapid.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Soooo errrr

Router installed at lunchtime, engineer said all good to go. As soon as he left, couldn’t connect to internet. Rebooted, reset, edited content control settings,double/triple checked connections, phoned them and they’ve said it’s fine their end, so must be an issue with the installation. Awaiting a call from their tech team within 72 hours. ✊🏻💦

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
91221EB5-D9CF-471C-A8DC-DD39F57A8526.png

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive mate. I've been with Plusnet for 12 years never a single issue. Currently around 90mbps not far from the exchange etc and more than what I need just now. I only pay like 28 quid unlimited everything and no throttling in my experience. Big discount due to length of service.

I refuse to move to anyone for the customer service alone. Trying phoning sky or bt like you can Plusnet, no chance!