ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

void Insurance

Fiesta ST

has anyone ever been stuffed over by there insurance company for not declaring mods?? need to know where i stand on this because im considering not declaring mine because it just get toooo expensive.!!

Mondeo STTDCI

They will null and void your insurance if you do not declare all mods. Period. And yes for SOME companies that includes a gear knob.

If you cause a pile up (however unlikely) and your insurance company look at your motor and see the mods you will be without insurance and hit with a big fat bill to pay.

Its NOT WORTH not delaring mods unless they are easy to remove after an accident (and even then risky).

You;ve been warned.

Fiesta ST

thanks for that...my best quote is from churchill but i dont think they insure modded cars so im in the sh*t......cheers anyway

Mondeo STTDCI

Liverpool Victoria. Google search get ur quote then gimme £50 after they save ya a fortune.

Also the police can do an insurance check on you & will ask the company if u have declared your mods...

I ran all last year without declaring mine but now I know better - my premium went up £140.00 !!! Still cheapest with Performance Direct though...Rang HIC they wanted £300 more than I was paying !!

Ive only got silver door handles on the interior that is really a mod but i want to colour code all the plastic trim - bumper tops and bottoms, side strips, door handles and spoiler.. how much extra will this be? A guy at work says he wouldnt bother telling them because they are existing parts.