ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 122S Project

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Lol. Sorry Seb. This is all I've got. Not much changed but alot of welding done.

Engine and front suspension will hopefully be done soon enough. But finding time off work is proving harder than I thought!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364645045036.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364645045036.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 110
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
uploadfromtaptalk1368467847659.jpg

So, doors that I did have were way too far gone, another set were sourced so now starting over with alignment. You can also see from this picture that the sills and arches have been completely replaced. As soon as I can get transported sorted it will e off for paint.

uploadfromtaptalk1368468014894.jpg
In other areas, front cross member is fully rebuilt, one bearing is a little stiff which I will have to take apart, hopefully it's not the had carrier itself. You can also se my shiny news discs which are a conversion from the original front drum brakes. I have also poly bushed everything. Adjustable Gaz dampers and custom lowering springs.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Haha.

The doing it properly is what's making it take so much longer. Sticking with the engine I have has caused no end of problems because parts just aren't avalible, so are having to be made.

Going green? As nice as it would be for a return of the sheep I think the colour would be out of place! It's actully going the colours that the doors are, which has a hint of green in it.

Dave... Correct

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
It is just the first two pictures Dave?

Picked up looking like this:

122s5.jpg

Have since found its original colour code so am actually aiming for this:

Volvo_P120_61_67_550_1.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Awesome... I love Guy martins old volvo. The Sweeds seem to love chucking massive power engines in to seemingly standard looking Volvos, would love one.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
There is one out there with the engine an running gear from a Lexus LS400, another I know that's just been completed had a Corvette LS1.

I'm not capable of that though!

Petrol Blue 182.
Didn't even realise you had a thread up Saner. Let me know when you wan't something other then a potatoe to take pics ;)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
By It might be, Thanks J!

It is now rebuild time. hopefully get the car back in the parents garage next week so I can visit and start work.

In Engine news, plans for the tuned 2.0 B20 went out the window. It's an early car, so has a thinner transmission tunnel, which limits me on gearbox options. Also wanting to keep some of the originality about it I decided to stick with the 1.6 B16.

So these had about 60bhp. So to keep up with modern traffic I needed more power. So to keep within my rule of 'period' modifications, managed to source a Supercharger. Engine has been rebuilt and dynod, 110 bhp peak but more importantly 90-110 ft-lb torque straight across the rev range. So happy with that!

uhyquqyb.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Yep, running on a Holley atm, might change for a Weber at some point to git a bit more adjust-ability.

rather than take your thread off on a topic that will likely not be of interest to other members, I will send you a PM with some more questions.