ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 940 Turbo

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
quality, love it!

appologies I dont know a great deal about them is this one of the RWD ones or were they FWD by this point?

go well for a bit barge? easily tuneable?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
quality, love it!

appologies I dont know a great deal about them is this one of the RWD ones or were they FWD by this point?

go well for a bit barge? easily tuneable?

One of the last of the rwd ones.

Pretty easy to get decent power out of with an exhaust, bigger turbo, bigger injectors etc. A lot of the ‘newer’ volvo turbos more or less bolt straight on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Never..

I quite liked this one. The colour made it.

Yeah, was always the intention. I advertised both 940s and there was a lack of interest in the saloon so the estate had to go.

I took the wheels and the grille before sale so left in true poverty spec.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Still looked good even without the wheels and grille.

32B36084-032D-4195-A317-607AAF245522.jpeg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Never been mad into the fwd volvos. That’s not from a ‘drift’ perspective. I just think after the 940 they went a little mundane (850r and t5r aside).

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I've been looking at newer Volvos recently. Something to chew up motorway miles, and I can't get my head around the numbering system. From what I can gather, C series are hatch, S series are saloon and V are estate, with the S40 being like a 3 series and the S60 being like a 5 series?

So the V50 would be the estate version of the S40?

I wouldn't mind something like this

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking at newer Volvos recently. Something to chew up motorway miles, and I can't get my head around the numbering system. From what I can gather, C series are hatch, S series are saloon and V are estate, with the S40 being like a 3 series and the S60 being like a 5 series?

So the V50 would be the estate version of the S40?

I wouldn't mind something like this

I love the outside of those, the interiors are not a great place to be though. So bland.

I know it's a 2k car but I mean buying that new...