ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VOLVO LIGHTS. PLEASE HELP!

O4 Dynamique
Right,

this is really starting to annoy me, whenever i am driving and see a volvo, any volvo, they ALWAYS, 10 times out of 10, have their headlights on.
For example, i was driving to work the other day and it was f*cking baking outside, 28 degrees, really nice and sunny, and a volvo drives towards me with their lights on, WHY!!!!!??????

Are all volvo's programmed to have their lights on allllll the time???

HELP! ITS ANNOYING ME!

MINI Cooper S
Yes. They have always been that way. As soon as you start the car the lights come on, its a silly safety thing incase you forget when its dark i guess.

they are on all the time iirc because theyre made that way...

something to do with they have to be in sweden or something i think?

nothing, blown up!
no its law in sweden and most northern european countries. and its very sensible as when driving away from sun for instance they help other drivers spot you if they look in your direction, also stops silly old farts in semi darknes s onl having there side lights on!

williams 2 turbo
the one that winds me up is chavs with there fog lights on at 10am, thats a whole different question. maybe it's cos they look cool enit!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
In Sweden, Norway etc, you have to drive with your lights on during the day. It is the law! I got pulled up in Cheq Republic and fined 10 Euro's for my troubles!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The reason Volvos have lights on all the time is because in sweden during the winter it is dark most of the day with only 7 hours of sunlight!!

1.2 16v
what is more anoying is when people have their fog lights on when it is not foggy, i know people that have them on religiously in the day time, makes u wonna smash them up, also is it true that you can get a £30 fine if ur caught with foglights on when there is no need or something??

1.2 16v
also, is it true that you can drive anywhere abroad at age of 18 with full uk license as im taking a gap year, all my friends said it was at least 21 but i did a search on google and aparently not...?

Mondeo ST220
what is more anoying is when people have their fog lights on when it is not foggy, i know people that have them on religiously in the day time, makes u wonna smash them up, also is it true that you can get a £30 fine if ur caught with foglights on when there is no need or something??

yep i do beleive its a 30 quid fine

1.2 16v

yep i do beleive its a 30 quid fine

well i never do it but it is a little bit silly, i dont see the point in them they dont really do much in thick fog, dipped headlights are the best...the new trend seems to be to take the fogs out and replace them with cold air feeds, may do a photoshop...:eek:

Drives me up the wall when people drive around with their lights on during the day, motorbikes are bad for this too but i can understand it on those.

Another one is when you get retards with their rear fog light on at night and dont realise it, blinding :mad:

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
whys it * f*ing stupid * means u cn never forget to put them on. they last just as long as when u use them half the time. my dad changes his less than i do mine ( he has a v70 t5 ) and i rekon it looks ok.

Clio II and Grand Modus
My clio has the same "driving lights" with the low beam. ....... All cars have them in scandinavia. It´s soo much easyerto see other cars in the mirrors ect.

Dirty E91
It's also law on some roads in the US, drove from LA to Vegas and some of the roads are so long incoming cars can be hidden by the heat haze.

I always have my lights on during the day, if I'm on MWays or DCWays, and quite often on normal roads too. Don't see a problem, and in a black car, anything to help the old dear about to pull out in front of me notice me is a blessing.

Clio Campus 2007!
yeah me dad has had about 4 volvo's and the lights are always on but as people have said its because they are made in sweden and the dont get much light so its required by law to have you lights on all the time lol :rasp:

Peugeot 306 HDi
This is going to be law across the whole EU fairly soon. I think by the end of the decade. So we'll all be doing it soon (I've read this in Auto Express, Autocar and on the BBC, so I'm pretty sure it is true:)). I already drive with mine on most of the time - it helps you see motorbikes easier when they have theirs on and so it is for cars too.

tiTTy & SV650
Gothenburg in Sweden is the same latitude as Aberdeen...

My dads saab its an option, they can turn the autolights on and off using a 'clip' computer. I drive with my lights on in low visibility, or even medium visibility especially if I'm going to be overtaking.

Get a grip, have a word, grow up!

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
My mates V70-R has a tiny hole next to the headlight switch, and there is a tiny screw in there which you can turn to switch off the auto's.

M2 Competition
Worth turning your lights on when out blatting too.

Kind of like motorbikes do, helps you be seen in the countryside.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This is going to be law across the whole EU fairly soon. I think by the end of the decade. So we'll all be doing it soon (I've read this in Auto Express, Autocar and on the BBC, so I'm pretty sure it is true:)). I already drive with mine on most of the time - it helps you see motorbikes easier when they have theirs on and so it is for cars too.

^^^^^^

This is true,ive read it aswell.The only problem i see with it is that once you could see the motorbikes coming up the road and now you wont because everything has its headlights on.
Could be a problem for bikers

ian

Tangoed Works
I always drive with my lights on in the day. To many blind tossers on the road these days, plus my car is black. They cant say they they havent seen you when you got whacking bright xenons on!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i always put mine on when im driving fast and hammering it round roundabouts so i can be seen better! and people dont pull out infront of me.

always thought it was the law that motorbikes had to have there lights on?

Black Gold with cup packs
It's not stupid! I own A yamaha R6(motorbike), and I always (as do all my riding partners, and hundreds of other bikers I know) ride with my MAIN beam on. Its a safety thing which all car drivers should use. I always driver my cli owith side lights on ,Anything to make me that little more noticable. After coming off a bike numerous times you would begin to understand why :)

Clio 182 Trophy
Why is that Porsche and Audi are putting daytime running lights on their latest UK models - because it's safer to be seen!!!

Only an idiot would think that making themselves less visible at ANY time on the road would post a topic such as this.

How many people forget to put their headlights on at dusk, night, fog, rain or low light conditions??

THAT drives me up the wall!!