ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo S60 Polestar

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/...2012-06-18?&pager.offset=5#commentsListBottom

I think it is very cool and I really want them to actually make it this time.

Large Image.jpg

pimp mobile Zafira
A lad on here knows a bit about this as he's a Volvo tech. Hopefully he may shed some light.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Seen one in the flesh at good wood last year and it is actually stunning.

IMGP1511.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Ha Ha Ha, Alright buddy.
Wanna buy a vectra ST LOL

Yeah the polestar is a stunning car and the colour is amazing.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Ha Ha Ha, Alright buddy.
Wanna buy a vectra ST LOL

Yeah the polestar is a stunning car and the colour is amazing.

Haha. I'm getting rid of mine mate! Looking at DCi's now. Sick of having to fix the Vectra so much!

Can't believe you've not shifted the ST though.

On the Volvo topic, my bro-in-law had a D5 S60R for a short time. Rapid as funk! Interior was very marmite though.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Volvo polestar was absolutely mental IIRC, definitely would have sold ! Why didn't they make it ! Stupid emmisions laws and crap :(

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think some people haven't quite realised that this thread is about the S60 polestar which has just been announced and not the C30 polestar which was released in 2010.

Volvo have said if there is enough interest they will put it into production this time though.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I think some people haven't quite realised that this thread is about the S60 polestar which has just been announced and not the C30 polestar which was released in 2010.

Volvo have said if there is enough interest they will put it into production this time though.

I hadn't - I had just expressed my love for the C30 polestar. ;)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
It will be a cracking buy in about 5-7 years if it goes into production (watered down version), stupid depeciation on Volvos.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It costs $300,000? I assume that would be the price they would be charging for one-offs?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah, I imagine it would be much cheaper if they did a decent production run of them.

Turbos.
Duh...

They both look fantastic IMO. They should have made the C30 with the stock Focus RS power, would have sold plenty. Perhaps they are waiting for the right timing though, you want the whole brand to benefit from a Halo model, and at the moment there is nothing vaguely sporting in the Volvo portfolio.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Duh...

They both look fantastic IMO. They should have made the C30 with the stock Focus RS power, would have sold plenty. Perhaps they are waiting for the right timing though, you want the whole brand to benefit from a Halo model, and at the moment there is nothing vaguely sporting in the Volvo portfolio.

There is a bit of a following of the old R models - 850 and the old V70's in Scandonavia, it's a shame that they have discontinued the R brand, as I would absolutely love a V70 or S60 R of the newer Gen.

Would probably be my choice over a high spec BMW or Audi if I were in looking in that market.

Not a 320d
Buy a sensible family estate, she said.

Hope these new polestars are good. Would be nice to see a rival to AMG/Alpina.