ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VTS v 172 grip

My girlfriend is looking for a newer car and Im pointing her towards a 172, just wondering what the grip is like? I used to have a VTS and the backend was very twitchy on uneven surfaces, is the 172 a bit more planted?

cheers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The 172 is nowhere near as tail happy as the VTS is, but you still get lift off oversteer if you want...

Definately more planted!

That sounds good then, Ill have to steer her in that direction. I drove my sisters VTR the other day and must admit I forgot how awful the driving position was and how exposed you feel.........coming from my jap tank.

At least the mpg will start with a 3 again

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If you get a 172, get the eibachs for it.. cheap mod and make the car much more planted.. the 172 has too much body roll as standard, Cup will be a lot planted but a few members have been caught out by the light rear end.