ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vvt problem?

clio 172 phase 2
My friends bought a 172 monaco but once he gets into vvt at around 4-5 k it sort of dies out and theres a noticable change in engine tone once this happens also a drop in power.

No lights on dash .

Would a dodgy dephaser solonoid cause this ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Diags check to see if the dephaser circuit is functioning and possibly a physical timing check then report back.

clio 172 phase 2
Ive used the rs tuner to find any faults and there are none present . A friend of mine has clip il take a trip to him.

clio 172 phase 2
Just spoke to a renault mechanic from my local dealership hes there master tech . Hes come across a few with the same problem he said possibly fuel pump ? Starvin the engine once its under demand for more fuel makes sense to me as the feeling is like its running out of fuel

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah it could be a fuel problem but it could also be the flux capacitor. Proper diagnostic session is needed

pop the plugs off the camshafts and see if they line up visually, to be 100% sure you need a horseshoe though.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
FLOL

Mick, your anger for ignorance of your suggestions really does show of late

I can't help it and its down to long hours and stupid people calling me asking why their EM light is on and they don't want to pay me to look at their cars. Oh, then there's the text mesage from random CSers at gone 10pm asking me if I'm available to talk about their car problems.

Honestly, thats me calm

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bad times.

I know what you mean though, I only browse the problem/engine sections. Half the posts are that f**king stupid I cannot respond without it being worthy of a ban.

The joys that the 1*2's have now fallen down within the grasp of a cheap buy but a dear fix

I can't help it and its down to long hours and stupid people calling me asking why their EM light is on and they don't want to pay me to look at their cars. Oh, then there's the text mesage from random CSers at gone 10pm asking me if I'm available to talk about their car problems.

Honestly, thats me calm

Me too, I get certain traders asking if I'm alive via whatsapp ;) then we end up doing business deals at like 11.30 pm lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Wait till you see what I've got planned for tonight's message... and its Video! Mwhahaaa

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Haha Im a locksmith and get people calling at 3am for a quote ffs or can you tell me how to get in my house.. Yes certainly put £100 in my paypal ac first goodnight :)