ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Golf GTi Mk6

Clio 197 RB
Couldn't post in the other Marques section, but has anybody owned or currently owns a Mk6 GTi?

I'm looking at buying one, I test drove a Mk7 at the showroom the other week and it was a dream to drive. Just wondering what experiences people have had with the cars and whether the DSG box is worth getting over the manual one.

All feedback welcome.
(Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong section)

Clio 197 RB
@banther

Great cars. I'd go DSG personally.

Very good cars, but not a patch on the mk7.

Which means the Mk6 will only disappoint you lol.

Could you not stretch to a MK6 R? As above now you have driven a MK7 there will only be disappointment with the MK6 GTI...

Nice one guys. I'm torn between the GOLF GTi and the Tiguan TSI 2.0. Leaning more towards the Tiguan as we have a 3 month old and the space will be better. The Tiguan has the same engine.

Clio 197 RB
The Tiguan will actually put you to sleep and this is from a man with a 300bhp Mk5.

I know it won't be as exciting as the Golf, but unfortunately I've got to think a lot more about space now.

The engine is identical, and the tuning upgrades are identical. So wouldn't be too bad remapping it up to 250/270 bhp.
Girlfriend is happy for me to slightly modify the Tiguan if we get one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know it won't be as exciting as the Golf, but unfortunately I've got to think a lot more about space now.

The engine is identical, and the tuning upgrades are identical. So wouldn't be too bad remapping it up to 250/270 bhp.
Girlfriend is happy for me to slightly modify the Tiguan if we get one.
You don't need that much space. We've had to carry all the normal baby stuff, oxygen tanks and all the associated paraphernalia. Octavia more than big enough. For a normal baby, golf would be fine imo. Octavia vrs is a great option, again same engine, but actually decent to drive (as opposed to the tiguan)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Doesn't the golf and the tiguan share the same floor pan. Other than one being on stilts whats the difference in size from the tig to the golf.?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I actually prefer the look of the MK6 but the 7 is a better car in every way.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Anyone that's driven the mk6 and mk7 r will know there's no comparison. The mk7 is a better car in every respect. A standard mk6 is a fairly sterile thing to drive, the mk7 is superb.

I'd take a mk5 r32 over a mk6 r. At least the noise is entertaining.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You don't need that much space. We've had to carry all the normal baby stuff, oxygen tanks and all the associated paraphernalia. Octavia more than big enough. For a normal baby, golf would be fine imo. Octavia vrs is a great option, again same engine, but actually decent to drive (as opposed to the tiguan)

What he said.