ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Golf GTI Pirelli Edition

Better than yours. C*nt.
All,

Just a quick one, showing off the final work on the new motor. Took delivery of it 2 weeks ago but with starting a new job and my dog going off I didn't get chance to give it the once over.

The motor is a 2008 '58 Pirelli Edition Golf GTI, with DSG gearbox. Not much in the way of extras, but the usual stuff applies - heated half leather seats, dual-zone climate control, 18" Ronal wheels...

The work done - wheels were removed, cleaned inside and out with Bilberry, clayed, Jeff's Strong was applied by PC and 4" pad, and then they were sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. The arches were cleaned with APC diluted 10:1 and an old sponge, along with all suspension components. They were then dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing diluted 3:1.

The bodywork was washed with a mix of Meguiars Hyper Wash and Shampoo Plus, and then rinsed, clayed with Sonus Green, then washed again. The car was then dried and polished with Menzerna Final Finish on a 6" 3M Orange pad.

Following this, I applied Blackfire Midnight Sun by hand to all panels and glass, including doorshuts.

The tyres were dressed with Blackfire Long Life Tyre Gel, and the exhaust polished with #00 wire wool and Meguiars NXT Metal Polish. To top it off the inside was wiped down with Meguiars Last Touch on a cloth, and then the mats given a squirt of Auto Glym Autofresh.

I'm pleased with the results... Sorry I didn't get any WIP photos, it wasn't really that much of a state, just a little dirty.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

OMG i want that sooo bad!!

it is stunning... i have never seen one of the pirrelli editions before

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
nice car shame about the awful seats. sorry but if it was me id just buy a normal gti edition 30 and get the same wheels put on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice car and one hell of a detail, but the wheels spoil it for me.

Good luck keeping it clean! lol.

Better than yours. C*nt.
All a matter of taste - I wasn't sure on the seats but after looking and sitting in them, they are absolutely brilliant.

Planned mods for it are the RNS510+Bluetooth Colour Touchscreen Sat Nav out of the Scirocco, and I think I may get the Piano black nose painted Diamond Black like the rest of the car...

Better than yours. C*nt.
Good luck keeping it clean! lol.

Yeah, I think I may need it. I realised today why I both hate, and love, black cars. They're absolutely stunning when they're clean, but they're dirty after 5 minutes!

Great car mate, Get a remap done, new air intake and a milltek and you will see close to 285bhp!

I'd prefer a manual gearbox personally though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good car, but the wheels are hateful. Front looks very high? I've heard of some GTi's being delivered with transit blocks still in the springs, might be worth checking (could just be a slope it's on).

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I kinda liked the Golf Git when I test drove it, I really like the normal style 18"s though

Good cars

Golf R soon...
Good job on cleaning the Golf!

Not seen many of these editions on the road...usually bog standard GTI's or the Edition30's

looks great in black when fully detailed.

looks pretty specc'd, and should be a weapon after a remap. nice one...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cracking paintwork and job! Good eye for detail. As said in previous posts. It just doesn't look special enough to be worth the money! Like looks like an ordinary gold. The Edition 30 at least had the BBS wheels (Not knockin Ronals for quality or prestige - but they're not a nice design imo) interior is interesting.

Turbos.
Thanks for crashing my computer numnuts! Smaller pictures next time maybe?

Looks good, not a fan of the wheels but i think the seats/interior are cool.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thats stunning mate lovin the golfs GTI's !! I will be swapping the 172 for one next hopefully !! wheels ruin a great car tho IMO prefer the bbs on ed30 or gti 18's !

Best colour for a gti too mate AND VERY RARE :approve: