ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Golf GTI

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine

Screenshot_20200626_191701_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Screenshot_20200626_191701_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Settings look to be ok.

Have you done the basics, check the tyre pressures? Otherwise it's time to look at the brakes.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
My so called refurb calipers I got were s**t so we ended up fitting new ones and the difference was night and day. The issue with the steering wheel rubbing is sorted. Handbrake is all good, then I got my refund from the alignment place so gonna book it in and that should be the final job lol and I need to adjust the trim around the stereo. Whilst the car was there I had a look underneath and got some photos.

Almost there now! Alex from Car Throttle was creaming over my springs 😂

20200627_104455.jpg
20200627_104536.jpg
20200627_104619.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I can safely say the car is done for now. Few little bits I would like to do but nothing that cant wait, just odd bits of trim and stuff.

Went for a proper alignment today, discovered one of the front wishbone bolts was wrong and dangerously too short so I went over to the local dealer who kept them in stock and got that fitted at the same time. They had to do alot of moving around which is what I expected, but it's so much better now especially at the back.

Settings below for reference.

20200702_181429.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Good is the answer, I havent had the chance to go round the twisties yet as it's been s**t weather and traffic, but the small windows of opportunity I have had, it felt good and the back felt alot better, but I need a proper run for a verdict.

Really impressed with the guys at Wheels In Motion and would recommend.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Out of no where I just placed a deposit on a Megane. I have seen one picture of it and that's it. Going to view it on Saturday so will update then, but the spec is good. Oyster Grey 250 with cup chassis, lux pack and visibility pack so xenons, leather Recaros etc. Hopefully it lives up to expectations when i see it.

The Golfs future is uncertain. It is going for an MOT on Saturday and my girlfriend really loves driving it so it might go to her. I did have a guy who was going to buy it, but sadly his wife fell seriously ill. We were waiting for her to recover or the treatment to stabilise things, but sadly she passed away due to a cancerous brain tumour, this is someone my partner works with :(

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like this will be up for sale in the next few days. MOT on Saturday, might have an advert up before then. Waiting for one person to come back to me first.

Considering i will need a fast-ish sale for the spec and amount of work that has been done it will be one of the cheapest 3 door DSGs available....

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
How much you wanting?

I really don't know what to price it at tbh, the miles are high yes, but it has had all the maintenance and big jobs done. The argument will always be I can get a car for 70k miles and whilst that may be true, it won't of had all the stuff i have had done and could cost you down the line.

I'm thinking around 4.5k which i think is fair considering i have probably spent 4-5k since buying it, but would listen to sensible offers as i will be picking up the Megane soon.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I really don't know what to price it at tbh, the miles are high yes, but it has had all the maintenance and big jobs done. The argument will always be I can get a car for 70k miles and whilst that may be true, it won't of had all the stuff i have had done and could cost you down the line.

I'm thinking around 4.5k which i think is fair considering i have probably spent 4-5k since buying it, but would listen to sensible offers as i will be picking up the Megane soon.

Mileage means f**k all on these if looked after my mk6gti drove better made more power on 90k than on 18k! 🤣
Just as tight too

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Mileage means f**k all on these if looked after my mk6gti drove better made more power on 90k than on 18k! 🤣
Just as tight too

Yer i try to buy on condition rather than miles, unfortunately this car cost me, but at least its ready for many more years. It's just a bit of bad timing that the right Megane came along and moving soon. Don't really have the space for two cars, but if i had to insurance and tax both then so be it.