ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vw gti makeover (56k warn)

ok i know people on detailingworld will know the car but here we go ,, i know its not a clio, its my runaround till my st comes, but thought it may show you what a pc and some hard work can do, from the start to the end, used a pc and megs #83, megs #80, then #21, with a bit of wax ontop.

before any work

DSCF0487.gif

DSCF0057.gif

DSCF0494.gif

DSCF0489.gif

wheeel5.gif

DSCF0251pologti.gif

DSCF0058.gif

bon2.gif

sun3.gif

after a bit of work :)

sun5.gif

DSCF0069.gif

DSCF0052.gif

DSCF00522.gif

DSCF0063.gif

bon6.gif

bon4.gif

finished18.gif

finished19.gif

finished4.gif

1111.gif

finished13.gif

finished29.gif

sun30.gif

wheel3.gif

wheel6.gif

er, about a week, but that was with swirl removal, cold weather stopping me, and rain etc etc, would have probably been two full working days, i did inside too (carpets ,seats ,roof lining etc)

6/468 17poo
looking good mate, do like polo gtis especially when there on coilovers, thats alot of work to get a clean car tho!but looks top notch!

beatjunkie said:
looking good mate, do like polo gtis especially when there on coilovers, thats alot of work to get a clean car tho!but looks top notch!

wasnt just about cleaning, it was swirl removal, treating stone chips, and getting the alloys sorted, cleaning is the easy bit ;-)

No more clio's for me!
How did you do your engine bay...i always wipe my over after a clean with the chamy, but its not enough.

engine bay was done by spraying megs degreaser and all purpose cleaner (instead of these two you can use autoglym engine cleaner £4.99 from halfrauds), agitate it with various sized brushes then leave it a little while, wash it all off, re-apply if needed then spray a plastic protector (armorall in this case, £2.99 from wilkos) over the plastic /rubber bits, leave them to dry, turn engine on for a short while and let it dry off, then just polish the painted bits and touch up the rubber /plastic bits you have missed and hey presto

6/468 17poo
So how did you learn to do that, ive got loads of swirl marks and stone chips can i just use the same cleaning products and where do you get a pc from?
Ryan

i just read about it, guess i started years ago when i was younger, i had an RS 1800 and i once tcut the whole car (not to be recomended LOL) to remove swirls, of course cars changed and i just tried different products till i came across the pc, anyone can get results like above if you spend the time, the pc can be bought from Autopia, i can provide links etc and discount codes if you need them

importing guide here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136

howie p, heres how it was done;-

middles were powder coated, lip was polished

DSCF0249pologti.gif

DSCF0250pologti.gif

DSCF0252pologti.gif

DSCF0253pologti.gif

DSCF0254pologti.gif

ps it will be for sale soon if anyones is interested, oh and if anyone wants alloys doing i know a man who can ;-)

miketheman2k said:
Blimey, that's some impressive cleaning!

How does the Polo feel in comparison to the Clio?

well since the clio i had a cupra, but the gti is slow :) and a bit sloppy steering wise, but apart from that its a nice little car

E91 M Sport
My GF is about to get Polo 'sport' 1.9tdi 130 - hoping it'll be pretty quick with that much torque (about 225lb/ft I think) but they ain't light!

no they are a bit chubby, but they do go quick you just need to put your foot down longer, they get there eventually

172 Cup
that is one awsome job mate! i am deffo gonna be getting me a pc in the near future.

so with the pc what are the polished you would recomend? start with a more agressive one and then more smooth one and then a wax? how do you know which one will be the best to start with?

Thanks

Paul

hi mate, well i used megs #83 to start with, i knew i neede this as the vw paint is very hard so needs the cut of the #80, i then followed with megs #80 wchich brings up the shine, you shoudl start with the least aggresive first (#80 in this case) and if that doesnt remove the swirls go up to the #83

i would use megs #83, megs #80 then topped of with collinite wax

172 Cup
cheers for the advise! its the megs stuff the best to use then? would i be able to use p21 or #21 as i already have them waxes?

NP, yeh you can use both, i used #21 after the #80 just to seal it and and depth :), the p21 is brillian so use that instead of the collinite(i only used it coz its winter

'18 Megane dci
Bit of a transformation eh, nice! Are these better than a Lupo GTI? One of my mates will by buying one or the other but hasn't test drove them yet.

Remapped derv Golf
Do you use the PC to apply the polish,etc then wipe it off with a cloth? or use a different pad on the PC?

Is the megiuars version of a PC any good?

Really want the america one though. Why don't they sell it here?

106 GTi
Apply and work the product by PC, and remove my MF towel is the normal. You can use a pad and microber bonnet if you like though.

The Meguiars PC proper costs more thean the Porter Cable branded one from Autopia but does have a lufetime warrenty rather than a year.

Remapped derv Golf
How do the two compare? Once you've bought the stuff required the PC and the meguiars aren't that different in price.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Now that is a "makeover" :)

Looks mint Shaun - most of all I admire your courage doing that in this weather!