ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales meet 6/4/14 - Pic heavy

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Cheers to @Filters for organising a great little meet, meet details are here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Rhayader-Sunday-6th-April-200-miles-of-tarmac

(some photos on the last page already, if you guys want to repost them in this thread? up to you!)

wasnt a bad turn out, not as many as per the list of names.. but it was worth it all the same!

My self and @Ash' drove up in my RB, leaving the house to hit the road for 8:30ish and arriving by 10:30ish

Great dedication to the guys from Wrexham @harp172
Sorry you guys got left behind/lost.. round-abouts and traffic lights ruin convoys, but well done for catching up to us in the end!

the weather was pants, but spirits were high and we enjoyed the meet/drive all the same!

heres a few of the pics I took, apologise for rain splots on the lense, I tried to get a pic of everyones car. so if you want me to send you yours, pm me ya reg and which car was yours and ill send em via pm :)

13670996893_8628e2a39d.jpg

13670983093_d93c6bcba3.jpg

13670932675_ddbc95c51c.jpg

13671222064_a9ee654465.jpg

13671235474_52e0f7585b.jpg

13671250054_d4e92c7fac.jpg

13670868505_651a5d322f.jpg

13671185704_ebee16df20.jpg

13671012374_0f751756fd.jpg

13670639955_2cfcabfd05.jpg

13670947974_1efd4b01fe.jpg

13670590075_4561594840.jpg

13670922204_c28ecff7ed.jpg

13670516245_072d41c8bb.jpg

13670491355_6361301dda.jpg

13670491223_bc5a46d720.jpg

13670412225_9af426c6c0.jpg

13670437753_7299e12a43.jpg

Just before we decided to head home, I pulled @BigBarry172 to one side to get a couple of pics RB face to face, to compare white vs black wheels..
I now have my heart set on white tbh...

13670399153_1b050ac016.jpg

13670999075_08f65927ef.jpg

13671358714_166954c905.jpg

13671026055_79f0877d82.jpg

Sorry for so many pics.. just wanted to get a view of everyones cars!

All in all had a great day, shame about the weather.. and the food from the cafe was umm.. interesting.. at best lol

Nice to meet you guys, and hopefully the next meet involves a bit more sunshine, and a bit less drizzle!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Flickr's retarded new setup has hit you... and only one image is working. I'd fix it, but I've not looked in how to do it yet. Poxy thing.

The other option is to just copy the url out the middle and stick it in the middle of [ img ] [/ img ] with no spaces.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Sorry failed with the pics first try, fixed now.. bit small but meh haha

Flickr's retarded new setup has hit you... and only one image is working. I'd fix it, but I've not looked in how to do it yet. Poxy thing.

The other option is to just copy the url out the middle and stick it in the middle of [ img ] [/ img ] with no spaces.

Fixed now.. My bad sorry!

Clio 172 (Now 182)
Some nice pics here mate! and yes the cafe was an experience to say the least haha.

I will get pics up on both threads soon as I work out how :p

Good pics mate. Wish I was there from the start.
I came at the end of the meet in builth wells. Better late than never! :)
upy6ajup.jpg

uze5a2an.jpg

Stopped off to pick an Indian up for me and the wife on way home :)
arate2er.jpg

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Ly looks lovely bud!^

sorry I didn't stay to the end, had a birthday meal booked with the misses, didn't wanna get back too lalate would have been nice to get a pic of the Rb next to a Ly, the colours really play well for each other!

ah we'll next time eh :D

the most typical part.. Got back to Pembrokeshire.. The sun was gleaming! Not a drop of rain in sight! Lol

Ly looks lovely bud!^

the most typical part.. Got back to Pembrokeshire.. The sun was gleaming! Not a drop of rain in sight! Lol
Thanks mate. I love an RB. I was looking for an RB when I was buying and this LY turned up just before I bought an RB. Well get some pics of them together in near future :)
It's sods law with weather. It cleared up towards end of day too.
Some great pics there mate.
That Ly is the nuts !!! Awsome
Thanks mate. Like the RB too. The 2 cup RBs in the pics look real good!

Mines a ff (with the black wheels) ;)

they scrub up well, mines on 96/97k miles, bigbarry172's is on 95/96k :p
I do like the black wheels! Are they the pro race 3? I almost bought a set of those for mine in 15s. But bought full set of tyres for std wheels instead and gonna get them refurbished for now. Will get those for track maybe with semi slicks.
Funny how their same mileage. :)
Mines on 58k

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well...everyone's pic's turned out better than mine so I won't fill this thread up with mine!
Ash' had a damn good idea for a future meet...talks of finding somewhere to go "go-karting" if enough are interested?

Again, cheers to everyone that made it down. Was really good to see there's some dedicated members out there.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Go karting would be an epic idea, I'm sure we can arrange something..

might be worth dragging you guys down this way for the day, BP karting in Haverfordwest is on an airfield in a hangar / big shed thing, plenty of space to park out side, and loads of places to meet up for photos, we got beaches, castles, woodland and some pretty decent roads to drive about on, all depends how far people are willing to go!

Im sure we can sort something!

Im looking forward to the next meet where ever it it!

Bug

Megane rs250
Well up for a cliosport convoy for go karting lads
Shame I couldn't stay the full day but I have to watch f1 live ;)
So next meet make it on a weekend the f1 isnt on aha

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Haverfordwest is only down the road, I'd be up for this depending on dates.

Ill pop in and see if we can get a discount depending on numbers, I work in a hotel in Tenby and april/may is the start of the "busy season" so getting time off work will be hard..

im sure we can sort something out tho!

I'll look in to Carew karting too, thats outdoor and basically across the road from Carew castle we could go for some photos and what not

We'll see :D

Suzuki Jimny
Good to see it was a successful meet! Shame about the weather, i've been getting sun burnt :)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Go karting would be an epic idea, I'm sure we can arrange something..

might be worth dragging you guys down this way for the day, BP karting in Haverfordwest is on an airfield in a hangar / big shed thing, plenty of space to park out side, and loads of places to meet up for photos, we got beaches, castles, woodland and some pretty decent roads to drive about on, all depends how far people are willing to go!

Im sure we can sort something!

Im looking forward to the next meet where ever it it!

It may be worth looking in to where we'd get the best deal and the most track time.
Had a little look online last night and turns out there's at least 10 places we could pick from! So many different track layouts!

I've had a nose at Supakarts website (newport)...they have an offer on till the 25th of this month.
£29 for 30 mins straight and then we get another half hour for free. Or if we paired up and paid £14.50 each we'd all get half hour on track.
An extra £5 (or £2.50 each) would get us upgraded to "arrive and race".

I'm not fussed where we go personally! Just noticed there special offers and thought it may be worth mentioning.

Suzuki Jimny
The Newport one is very good IMO. The monday free upgrade deal is the one I usually use.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Craig only stayed for the initial meeting, I did try bullying him into coming along but he wasn't having any of it

He probably didn't want to get it dirty and I don't blame him bud...
If my clio was that clean I'd only every drive when it was bone dry outside!

clio 182 trophy
Ill pop in and see if we can get a discount depending on numbers, I work in a hotel in Tenby and april/may is the start of the "busy season" so getting time off work will be hard..

im sure we can sort something out tho!

I'll look in to Carew karting too, thats outdoor and basically across the road from Carew castle we could go for some photos and what not

We'll see :D

I mentioned Carew karting (well forgot the name but it was the place I was talking about). It looks like a great track and plenty of parking too. I would be well up for this!

I am sure if you phoned up or popped in and said you could get them a tidy sized group they would sort something out. Then it is just a case of having a decent turn out.

I might be going to Tenby over the next couple of weeks. What Hotel do you work at?

Bug

Megane rs250
He probably didn't want to get it dirty and I don't blame him bud...
If my clio was that clean I'd only every drive when it was bone dry outside!

Yeah its lovely, he had things to do buddy I dont think he minds driving the car . . . It was like glue on the way to newport just proper grip

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Cheers for the comments on me ph1 lads. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing.

If anything I need to drive it more! Don't do a lot of milage at all.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I might be going to Tenby over the next couple of weeks. What Hotel do you work at?

Royal lion, in the middle of the norton / north beach road

I'm bar staff but watch reception when the receptionist goes home

its a dire job, horrible hotel, but its a job none-the-less, worked there 2 n half years :\

Royal lion, in the middle of the norton / north beach road

I'm bar staff but watch reception when the receptionist goes home

its a dire job, horrible hotel, but its a job none-the-less, worked there 2 n half years :\

Ah well. At least you work (i assume) close to home.
I work in London Mon-sat and am home 1 day a week :(