ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wall mounted Plasma/LCD

Has anyone got a wall mounted LCD or Plasma. If so any chance of some pics.

Interested in what you did with the cables... Thanks.

RS 200
We have put in 5 plasma's at the school where I work and we have done a few things with the cables, unfortunately I dont have any pics as we're on holiday now.

Basically we have done 3 different things with the cables (they are all the same model plasma and cables connect on the right hand side):

1. 2 in the restaurant are wall mounted on a bracket straight onto a brick wall, cables are neatly cable tied around the back of the screen to the bracket and then head off towards the cieling in a short piece of trunking. Only 2 cables on these, an RG59 and a power cable.

2. 2 more in the reception area, these are cieling mounted and hang down from a metal tube. Again the 2 cables are neatly cable tied to the back of the bracket and this time head up the metal tube into the area above the cieling tiles.

3. 1 IT directors office, quite a nice install, this has alot more cables, Component, VGA, Composite and speaker cables going to cieling speakers that are being powered by the plasma. Again this uses the same bracket that was used on the two in the restaurant however instead of a piece of trunking (which in this case would have to be huge) the cables were again neatly tied back to the bracket behind the plasma, but then head into the cavity behind the false wall where they headed of to there final destination.

Hope this helps without any pics.

Chris

Golf GTI 1.8T
This is what I call a plasma think it was a 65" badboy, but was rather large in depth as was bought years ago.

SP_A0485.jpg

thats a ridiculous place to mount that, your neck must be sore a fukc watchin that! ive installed quite a few plasmas, ideally they should be eye level when seated should they not?

depending on the wall, we sometimes use a white plastic access panel that sits on the wall behind the actual tv out of site, the cables would be run into that and out of sight, in fact all of the ones we've fitted the cables are not seen at all, if it was a brick wall u might need to raggle a channel into it and get it plastered over again...

Im going to buy an LCD in a month or so I have a budget of about 1K, im afer a 37" TV and am wondering what is the one to buy?

Any Tech Gurus out there?

Cheers guys. Looks this the best option is gonna be to create a channel in the wall.... Gonna have to be a big one cause i gat a sh*te loads of cable lol.

Williams 2, STi N12
Best way is to have an AV reciever or matrix switcher in the mix too, that way you can feed all your sources to that and then just have 1 or 2 cables feeding your TV.

If you are gonna dig out your wall then I would put in there either an RS232 or Ethernet cable. All devices will be controllable soon so even if this TV isn't the next one will be and you don't have to chomp out your wall again.

Personally I would wait until you can get a decent resolution screen to match the new formats coming soon. save your money for now.

RS 200
We use Scion ( http://www.sciontech.com/ ) equipment at school, allows us to distribute AV sources around the building with remote control facility from a central location. All video is distributed over CAT5e, we use this to broadcast to the 60 projectors and a few tv's in the school so we only need one cable going to each projector / tv / plasma etc.

We tried the quality to on a 300m reel of cat 5 and the quality of the signal only dropped to about VHS quality. We probably go about 200m max from our comms room as the central location and the quality at the other end is still really good, all over a standard utp Cat5e.

I dont think the smaller units are that expensive either for home use.