ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanna get a 197

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I havent had any problems with the steering wheel melting as yet mines a 58 plate though so looks like i got it to look forward to. The kangarooing is a pain in the ass mine only does it from cold, i find turning the esp off til the engine warms up prevents it from doing it. The glove box lid is also dodgey mine looks like its warped, alot of 197's seem to be like it though.

As my dealer said its the design of it. Flush on the far left and sticking out on the right hand side of the glovebox. All mk3's have it!

Twingo rs133
As my dealer said its the design of it. Flush on the far left and sticking out on the right hand side of the glovebox. All mk3's have it!
My glove box is fucked aswel dont help with all the cds and crap in it lol:D

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Ive been looking at these, i posted a thread on here about getting a Trophy but at £7000-7800 and the 197 having dropped a lot in price recently im considering paying an extra £500 for one.

I said last year as soon as they drop i would get one, they are now at £8k+ with low miles, seems like a lot of car for the money however i can see them coming down some more yet.

Edit- Heres the thread, best you could get 5-6 months ago was £9K+ so thats £1000 in 6 months, hopefully they will be around £7k come summer:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=436117

Clio 1970000000
It happens with the leather 197 wheel too, couple of people on here have it happening to theirs. It's due to the Renault using some cheap crap "leather".

I don't think it is leather. It's some synthetic stuff.

Love my 197. Kangaroos when cold (you have to laugh when you look like a tit driving it) but this goes after a minute. Had new steering wheel under warranty and brembos as well as they had seized.

Only complaint is the door rattles :mad:

Best thing of all..........is they are as rare as rocking horse sh1t on the road and look much better than the 200 (flame suit on)

120d M Sport

That happens on the MK3's too?! The glovebox in my 04 plate was on the piss, infact most MK2 Clio's I've been in have the same problem. You'd of thought Renault would have rectified it by now!

197 cup
That happens on the MK3's too?! The glovebox in my 04 plate was on the piss, infact most MK2 Clio's I've been in have the same problem. You'd of thought Renault would have rectified it by now!

Yea i agree, ive taken the bulb out of mine as it stays on all the time. It doesnt shut enough on the right had side to push the little black pin in to turn the light off.

Bartlett said:
Yea i agree, ive taken the bulb out of mine as it stays on all the time. It doesnt shut enough on the right had side to push the little black pin in to turn the light off.

I've not noticed any problems with my glovebox lid :s