ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanna upgrade filter is itg panel any good or standard panel or induction kit

clio sport
Hi looking for cheap way to uprate the airflow from my research lot of people suggested panel filter with itg but isn't it the induction kits force more air I,e viper by pipercross and typhoon by kn

Arguable that piperX/Ktec panel (same thing I think) offer the best flow... In reality however, the general consensus is that you will notice no performance difference between ITG, KTec, PX, K&N panels over the standard renault paper element. The only difference is that they are serviceable rather than a consumable as of such.

Oh and most off the shelf induction kits will sap power through heat soak, so unless you have a very good set up with decent CAF's I wouldn't bother personally unless you want it purely for more noise :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2513435

The short of it is that for a RS clio (sorry, don't know if you mean a "clio sport" as in the 1.2s, 1.4s etc or a proper RenaultSport Clio 172/182/197/200) the standard airbox setup produces better overall air flow than any cone filter. Whilst cone filters may move a bigger volume of air they will suffer from heatsoak negating the advantage (if any!)

There are only 2 "induction kits" that have been proven to increase power, namely the JMS IK (consisting of a few bits, the airbox from the V6 engine, a panel filter, samco hosing etc) and a second one which eludes my mind completely right now!

If it's purely noise you want, there is a really easy little trick to bypass the "accoustic valve" (which is basically there to make the standard induction nice and quiet) which gives a nice induction noise and is absolutely free. There are a few threads with some handy pics, maybe even a guide. Just search "accoustic valve."

monaco 172
Arguable that piperX/Ktec panel (same thing I think) offer the best flow... In reality however, the general consensus is that you will notice no performance difference between ITG, KTec, PX, K&N panels over the standard renault paper element. The only difference is that they are serviceable rather than a consumable as of such.

Oh and most off the shelf induction kits will sap power through heat soak, so unless you have a very good set up with decent CAF's I wouldn't bother personally unless you want it purely for more noise :)

this man speaks the truth. ktr/piper x is the best panel filter but you wont notice the difference whichever you choose anyway lol.

monaco 172
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2513435

The short of it is that for a RS clio (sorry, don't know if you mean a "clio sport" as in the 1.2s, 1.4s etc or a proper RenaultSport Clio 172/182/197/200) the standard airbox setup produces better overall air flow than any cone filter. Whilst cone filters may move a bigger volume of air they will suffer from heatsoak negating the advantage (if any!)

There are only 2 "induction kits" that have been proven to increase power, namely the JMS IK (consisting of a few bits, the airbox from the V6 engine, a panel filter, samco hosing etc) and a second one which eludes my mind completely right now!

If it's purely noise you want, there is a really easy little trick to bypass the "accoustic valve" (which is basically there to make the standard induction nice and quiet) which gives a nice induction noise and is absolutely free. There are a few threads with some handy pics, maybe even a guide. Just search "accoustic valve."

no disrespect to jms as i know they are a great garage but the graphs which they produced saying that their ik gives a 10bhp increase in power from a standard engine were a bit unbelievable tbh and the graphs have since been removed since real rr results have shown there is nowhere near a 10bhp gain in power.

some people report an increase in power wheras some people report a decrease in power so stock is good enough as nothing can gaurantee you an improvement

a second one which eludes my mind completely right now!

Maxogen gets good reviews, the only one that gets mentioned along with v6/ph1 as a potential performance increase

OP - A search on this subject will return literally hundreds of thread...

clio sport
standard airbox with a standard paper filter ,most people that buy the itg panel filters never clean them anyway

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Does filter that requires oil damage sensors?

No, its not 'oil' as in the stuff which sits in an engine allowing friction free movement...its a solution that helps to trap crap IIRC, its thicker than Castrol etc.

LY R26, LY 182
I have an ITG filter for the 182 - you can have it if you buy me a brand new genuine Renault paper one on exchange, and pay the postage charges...
Doubt its been in the car more than a year, put in by previous owner. I just want to put the car back to standard.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the JMS V6 setup which makes a good noise but didn't really affect power either way,
before that I had an ITG panel filter and then a K-Tec/Piper X, if I was you i'd get the K-Tec/Piper X
it's the chapest out of all of them and I thought it felt the best in terms of air flow.

clio sport
ok also my noticed my airbox is missing the black pipe which connects to to the clios cold air feed pipe will that effect performance as is was tampered by pervious owner. any one selling it