ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

want new phone but stuck with what to get :(

I am kinda stuck with t-mobile as i get 50% discount on line rental , but not finding anything in the current market i like .

i have a Motorola Atrix at the moment as i love the ability to have the lapdock and surf , and being honest that will be staying as its great for travelling .

so have had a dual core phone since they came out , but really the market seems limited and stale .

hated the old windows phone but i know it has come on leaps but i think i am happy with android , find a 4" screen adequate , hate the new jumbo phones but i guess i need to accept it one day .

guessing i really should got lte as i am in a 4g area ,

hate anything apple with a passion ....

........i am sure knowbody will suggest anything wonderful but i am wasting money really as i am 4 months over my contract (only ever get 12's )

suggestions ?

i liked the idea of S3 mini ..... except the S3 mini is dual core ,so basically and S2 in a new frock

i know how bad the Iphone is at alot of the things i do , every time i pick one up to use it 5 mins later i am left cold , i know its wrong , and i should try but i just have never found that fanboi worship that some have ......

and a truth in the eating is most of the ibm sales guys who had iphones have all ditched them in favour of s3's over the iphone 5 .......

that and i think the 5 looks odd with its stretched screen .

maybe i should try one for a week again ?

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/0...d-ios-continue-to-dominate-smartphone-market/

the market stats show ios isn't as big as android , so why do people claim is the best thing ever .... world users seem to disagree

Price of handset and amount of handsets has a s**t load to do with those figures

With your 50% off you may struggle to move over to EE to pick up the 4G. If you don't want an iPhone then an S3 is probably the best option for what you want although the flimsy plastic makes it feel a bit cheap.

am about to call t-mobile to see what my options with the discount are , as i have had that since 1995

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nexus 4 SIM free. Forget LTE, as said they probably wont let you move the discount to EE.

I wont even bother suggesting iPhone. Although i will say that market share has little to do with UX and more about access to a product at a price relevant to the consumer.

Sell you my blue S3 for £300, then just get a rolling contract ;)

with what i'd pay over 12 months , that sounds expensive ......

sub 200 and we have a deal ;) (actually looking at what a new one would cost me we would need to talk sub 150)

Deal done

12 month 5gb plan on a S3 titanium LTE , and i negotiated to take my friends and family discount over to EE if i dropped from 50% to 40%

so for me , a new S3 LTE 5gb data plus unlimited calls and texts for £36 a month (12 month plan)

sounds like a winner to me :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Deal done

12 month 5gb plan on a S3 titanium LTE , and i negotiated to take my friends and family discount over to EE if i dropped from 50% to 40%

so for me , a new S3 LTE 5gb data plus unlimited calls and texts for £36 a month (12 month plan)

sounds like a winner to me :)

yep that's a pretty good deal for an s3 + 5gb data plan :) Anything below £40 is a good deal on an s3 a the moment.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
My mrs just got a S3 and im well impressed with it! Fast, slick and has an incredible screen! Only thing i dont like is the fact there are so many shite apps available (more an android thing than the phone), need to actually research to find a good one!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Galaxy s3 !! So many people I know have now Gone from i phone to S3 and ALL prefer it to Apple. :approve:

Last edited: