ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

want to change my rear bumper but need some advice

clio sports campus 1.2 06
Hey fellow Clio spoerters

I have a ‘Renault Clio campus 2006’ and I find the rear bumper hideous!! On the other hand, I love the Clio sports rear bumper with the exhaust pipes either side of the registration number plate giving it that sporty look. I understand if doing this, it will become a major project but I was wondering, how much of a project will this turn out to be? I understand I will have to remove the old single exhaust pipe and remove the spare tyre compartment, to have the double exhaust pipes, but what else is there to think about?

Here is a picture of what I mean:

My rear bumper now:
clionow.jpg

The rear bumper I want:
clioafter.JPG

thanks

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
First off,

You wont have to get rid of the wheel compartment/well, you can get a ktec custom exhaust that works around it,

+ the sport bumper is a perfect fit, so not need to worry there :)

clio sports campus 1.2 06
First off,

You wont have to get rid of the wheel compartment/well, you can get a ktec custom exhaust that works around it,

+ the sport bumper is a perfect fit, so not need to worry there :)

wicked!! so, all im looking to get is a custom exhaust, the rear body kit and then obviously the spray, etc..

I think this is the ktec exhaust mentioned above:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1724&appid=4

Why not get a 172 rear bumper? Looks identically except minus the two exhaust cutouts. Therefore no need for new exhaust and a much cheaper way of doing it.

+ Im not sure what colour yours is, but the 172's came in pearl black, which means the colour is the same as on black non sports, so no respray needed either, you literally just swap the bumper. Not sure about Campus colours though.

Edit: here's a pic of a 172 bumper:
car_photo_5942_7.jpg

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've done the above, the KTEC kit does not fit the 182 bumper perfectly - mine ended up melting some of the surrounds. I will post the pics below of the work and what it requires :p

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
The Exhaust

The Bumper

Fitting

Fitted

Finished (Look at upside down)

Purchased a new rear backbox mount and also exhaust sealent from NWPerformance (Highly Reccomended)
Good Luck (Cost me a total of £250, bumper, exhaust, spraying, mounts, sealent and cat to centre section clamp)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
My old clio 1.4 with a sport rear bumper on.

This is a 172 rep, so it doesnt come with any holes in the bumper, looks loads better to imo!
3376264926_048009af58_b.jpg

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Sorry just saw your update on this one, I got the exhaust for £130 from Rich_16_valver on here (Don't think he is on often any more) the rear bumper cost me £60 on the bay and the spray cost me £40 (Uncle has a bodyshop) The rear hanger and paste cost the rest :)