ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting a 182

ff 182
hi, i owned a 172 about 7 years ago, great little car with this in mind i am wanting to purchase a 182, i have the cash but seem to be dropping on loads of high mileage cars around 90 to 120k. i know the cars are 10 years old now and will be quite highbut what are the engines like with that sort of mileage and what other things do i need to look out for, or if anyone selling a blue 182 in nice condition around the wakefield west yorkshire, plz get in touch. got cash waiting

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
don't worry about the mileage. Worry about who it's been owned by. Mines got circa 100k on and is great as it's been enthusiast owned all it's life. The one I had before had 80k on, not enthusiast owned and was a complete dog.

My friends ph1 172 with 112k has 1 owner from new with a full renault sh. It pulls like a train and wants for nothing.

Only women worry about mileage ;)

Oil changes are the most important so look at each car on it's own merits and don't worry so much about how many times it's been to the moon and back :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Dave's Trophy was on 175k or so a while back...so 110k isn't that bad. So long as its been serviced regularly and the cam belt and aux belt are done at correct intervals (or sooner), then why not?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I completely agree. My Mother wouldn't buy a car with more than 30k on recently