ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting to change to a 255 clio V6

06 Liquid yellow 182
Hi Guys,

after only having my LY 182 for a few months and absolutly love it but im seriously thinking of changing to a MK2 V6 clio.
im wondering are there any owners or anyone can give me some info or advise me what to look for when i go to view any?
also im guessing the cam belt change is considered a big must? is it after 5 yrs or 20k miles, which ever comes first?

Thanks for any help in advance

06 Liquid yellow 182
Thanks, actually searched for the v6 forum but thought i would be lazy and ask on here first, signed up so just waiting on confirmation now.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
LIQUID YELLOW V6

END

one for sale on V6.net

( Belts same as 182- 5yrs / 72k)

Ive had 10, any desperate queries PM me

S

06 Liquid yellow 182
Thanks Steve, i'll take a look at it once i get on tomorrow.
ive noticed a few for sale around 05 and some with no mention of having the belts changed, they're slightly cheaper so what would you expect to pay to get it done?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
budget 1200 with service from SG motorsport- only place to go-

Check front disks- around 5/600 fitted...

Steve

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I would love a LY V6 Clio. My wife hates the colour so that makes me want one even more!! Maybe one day when I've got some room in the garage I might buy one for some fun.:race:

06 Liquid yellow 182
thats quite expensive, im from northern ireland so unfortunately its going to be another trip over to the mainland to get one as theres only one for sale here : (
bit of a nuisance when its one of those cars you need to see in the flesh really before buying.

i agree mark the liquid yellow is the colour to have in them, screw what the wife thinks lol

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
thats quite expensive, im from northern ireland so unfortunately its going to be another trip over to the mainland to get one as theres only one for sale here : (
bit of a nuisance when its one of those cars you need to see in the flesh really before buying.

i agree mark the liquid yellow is the colour to have in them, screw what the wife thinks lol

Theres f*ck all over here in terms of renaultsports, had to go across the water for mine as well. Are you the guy from Dunmurry who had a few probs with vandals ?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Quote Fred o'really?

Sorry- DE JA VOUS again-

SG motorsport & BTM depending on location

Disks were advertised @ £338 from SMC as well-

:)

06 Liquid yellow 182
Theres f*ck all over here in terms of renaultsports, had to go across the water for mine as well. Are you the guy from Dunmurry who had a few probs with vandals ?

i got my 182 from here, pure chance really, like you say its there arnt many good clean ones to choose from.. No not me, im from Dromore mate

Clio v6
Oh yes indeed, mossy is one of the most enthusiastic Vee owners.
I'm on my second one now. They are just so addictive, you should try one for a day.

Last edited:
  PH1 V6
Iv just bought my first V6, having previously owned a 172, 172 cup and 182.... and i can honestly say it is in a different league! i love it. but it is nowhere near as chuckable or as practical as a 182 i warn you now lol check out www.v6clio.net

are you the guy with your 182 for sale on there?

Nick

An orange one
Lol at mossy! We all know you hate yours ;) NOT!

I'm on my third now haha, a guy on v6clio.net has just come back to his 4th Vee,

They have "that" effect on you!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sorry peeps.... ONLY JOKING!!! LOL.

Yes i have a very pampered vee and absolutely love it!!!!

06 Liquid yellow 182
thats more like i was hoping to hear.lol

@ Nick- no its not me i havnt advertised my 182 anywere yet, ive just spent around £800 on it in the last few weeks so haven't decided what to put it up for or wether to maybe keep it a while.

i've never had a drive in one or anything put always been one of the cars ive always really wanted to have, i joined the v6 forum today and got quite a bit of info so just a matter of finding the right one now.

i've had a few very un practical cars over time but i would be getting one of these to probably drive most the time and get the use of rather than store etc : S