ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Light - Exhaust Gas Monitor (I think)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Warning Light - Exhaust Gas Monitor (I think) Picture

Looking for some help (dont have my clio manual on me just now so cant look up actual problem of what the light is)

Its the exhaust gas monitor I think (light below petrol symbol and also light on bottom right come on at same time)

There is a slight diffrence in idling especially moving at low revs

Might be worth noting that I cleaned the car today so water may have got up the exhaust and exhaust was replaced but not sure if this means anything

Have semi looked into it and believe it might be an ignition coil failure?

HELP PLEASE...

Ben

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Best I can do for now
277062841_cef015eb66.gif

Static Low
that was on in my old car. it would lose power alot and sometimes just cut out. would judder etc. sometimes it would be ok.. and then sometimes the car would go nuts.

i think i ended up getting the lamda sensor replaced or something.. i cant remember accurately though. best going to get it checked out

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Thanks andy does it give you any more info in your manual about it?

Static Low
It just says that if it comes on while driving it indicates an electronic fault. Consult your renault dealer asap.

tdc sensor perhaps? mine went and this light came on - might be something completely different in this case though

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Doesnt seem to loose any power but does seem diffrent especially on the move at low revs

Static Low
aw yeah. the one in the middle is the electrical one and the one on the rigt is the toxic fume one,
exactly what came on in my old one.
just book into a garage mate

Static Low
Think it could be.
Im sooo sure that my lamda sensor got replaced for that one.

Id be driving and it would totally lose power and stuff.
Just keep an eye on the situation. best to get it checked out though mate

In between cars....
hink the lambda is about 80 odds on a sport matey, if you want to get the sensor sure between the pair of us we could fit it!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Ahhh so annoying, would probaly want to try that chris if thats okay

Might need to put it on diagnostic machine @ reno

In between cars....
Theres cheaper places to have the diagnostic done, renault over charge to fook, tbh id be surprised if a garage even charged 15 mins labour to change, unscrew from the zaust and unplug, 5 min job

Theres a smashed mk2 ph2 in the scrappy here, its a 1.4 though, maube the same?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Probably be worth my while, be annoying if thats not it though, do that at the weekend maybe?

Splitter aswell!

In between cars....
Im off tomorrow, was planning to fire in for another look, ill see if i can get them to flip the car and take it off