ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning light (exhaust)

b/g 182, meg tourer
on friday my exaust gas monitor warning light came (orange engine shape, right hand side next to speedo) on and it has stayed on since. i have a decat fitted. is this the cause?? will the lambada sensor be ok?
any help is much appreciated

mini cooper (RIP 172)
need to get it reset at garage:( but you (probly) wont pass the mot with the decat on anyway

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
You can just just buy one of those plug in boxes to get rid of the engine light.

Im just waiting for mine to come on now..

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Iirc with 3 clean starts it will go away...

Have you got the old CAT for MOT time?

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
the de-cat is definatly the reason why it came on, i had a sports cat fitted to mine and it came on, it hasn't gone off but i be buying a hand held code reader ready for mot time to knock it off myself, give it a couple of weeks after it'll come back on again...

Clio Renaultsport 182
I've got a sports CAT on mine and the light comes on every few thousand miles or so. Seems to come on far more frequently when cruising long distance with the cruise control on.

Got a hand held code reader from K-Tec - kinda paid for itself already as I've used it 5 or 6 times and Renault would no doubt charge a fortune for a reset.....

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2400

b/g 182, meg tourer
I've got a sports CAT on mine and the light comes on every few thousand miles or so. Seems to come on far more frequently when cruising long distance with the cruise control on.

Got a hand held code reader from K-Tec - kinda paid for itself already as I've used it 5 or 6 times and Renault would no doubt charge a fortune for a reset.....

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2400

yep, thats what happened to me. was going to london on cruise controll and it just decided to come on. didn't know why but the only thing i could think of was the decat. i fitted the decat months ago. couldn't think why it would rondomly do it now??
so someone thinks it will go off after starting it a few times. i will give it a try. i put the cat back on tonight for MOT time. the light is still on so far tho. might leave the cat out. i dont notice any difference with a decat anyway.
one of those code reader things could be handy. thanks :)

RenaultSport clio 17
Does this mean if the cat is still fitted and the light comes on, your cat is buggered? Or is it more likely the lambda sensor has failed.

I have this problem at the moment, but it came on with the standard exhaust in place

Thanks

b/g 182, meg tourer
Does this mean if the cat is still fitted and the light comes on, your cat is buggered? Or is it more likely the lambda sensor has failed.

I have this problem at the moment, but it came on with the standard exhaust in place

Thanks

my mate told me that there should be a sensor near the manifold and one at the back of the cat. apparently it measures the emmissions at the manifold, then again at the cat. if its the same reading at both sensors (or close to) then the cat is buggered (or the sensor)

in my case it had a decat so it would read the same hence the light coming on. so i think it just needs reseting.

am i right??

RenaultSport clio 17
Thats the theory!

I'm hoping its the sensor on the exhaust thats gone and not the cat itself.

No idea what they cost but probably expensive.

Time to change this car I think, it's over 4 years old now, time for a change.