ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Light Problems

clio 182
Hi,
I have had a search and can't find this direct problem. I hadn't used my car over the christmas period due to the snow and personal reasons. It's been almost a month since I used it.

I came to use it today and at first it wouldn't move, I think the breaks must have froze, afew revs and I was free, however, plagued with warning lights.

Ignition on, everything seems fine.
Start the car the centre console clock goes off, the STOP/battery light flickers on and off. There is no fan/aircon.

When I give afew revs and go to pull away the clock flashes on and off, the ABS/ STOP/ SERV/ ESP lights come on. Also the lights and indicators don't work, although they do when I have stopped or have the clutch in,break on.

There is the odd clicking from the fuse box. When I drove around the seat belt light was on and the handbrake light but after a few minutes the seatbelt light went off and the airbag and I believe its the engine light on the right side, not the centre on came on.

Anyone have any ideas where to start?

Thanks

clio 182
And today alarm wouldn't stop going off and I couldn't open the door. Opened by the passanger side manually, tapped the fuse box and opened the bonnet, seemed to have stopped the alarm aaahhh.

clio 182
I called the AA out as I couldn't get in it. The battery was obviously flat. He disconnected and gave that a charge. All was working well, no warning lights etc. He did say the battery was tired and I needed a new one but it would be ok if used regular.

Last night at 1am the alarm was off again for 5 mins or so. Checked this morning and the battery is flat again. I am hoping it's just a battery that needs replacing and nothing is draining it.