ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning lights after service

Clio Sport xxx
I had my car serviced last weekend at Rentech, and in over 6 months of ownership i have never seen any warning light come on while driving.... untill tonight!!:S

Its was while stopped at lights, and the SERV light came on, together with ABS light and traction control light! Anyone got any idea why this has happened, considering the car has just had a 36K service (inc. new brake fluid).

When i got home, cut the engine and re-started it and they had gone out, but would still like to know... thanks

Iceberg 172
Mine has just done this too on the way home - same 3 lights, and they also went out once restarted....

Think mine came on after I had to brake sharpish on some just-laid grit - wonder if it triggered the ABS and threw up a problem? Cruised gently home (only got the car yesterday!) in nervous mode, but thinking it may be a sensor-related problem rather than any hardware....

Amyone else had this?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
needs the brake light switch adjusting. get in touch if the link a few posts up doesnt help

Clio Sport xxx
Mine has just done this too on the way home - same 3 lights, and they also went out once restarted....

Think mine came on after I had to brake sharpish on some just-laid grit - wonder if it triggered the ABS and threw up a problem? Cruised gently home (only got the car yesterday!) in nervous mode, but thinking it may be a sensor-related problem rather than any hardware....

Amyone else had this?

Thanks mate

Well mine came on just after normal braking approaching some lights, so sounds like they are very similar problems. I might do the brake light switch adjustment today. Have you seen any warning lights since? What have you done about the problem?

A13EX F Trophy No70 said:
wouldnt say it's anything specifically to do with rentech mate not heard anything but good reports about them.

lol, i wasn't bad mouthing them at all mate, infact i was more then happy with the service generally!! honestly!! lol

But are you trying to say that this is just a coincidental problem days after the service?? i dont think so. i dont think the workmanship has anything to do with it, but it must be pretty easy to accedentally knock a sensor loose or something. Anyway, ive spoken to Rentech, and they besically explained what i said above in further detail, and he's having the car back on monday to give it a once over to try and find something up... hopefully without charge:)

Iceberg 172
I had a fiddle with the switch last night - if anything the probe is too far extended which means the brake lights don't come on until you give them a decent amount of pressure. ie Brushing the brakes doesn't light them up. What I did notice is that the whole switch was fairly loose in its socket, which meant I could waggle it about quite a bit. Not surprised they get knocked out of alignment. Couldn't see anything obvious which would secure it better though.....:S

Came on once today out of 5 or 6 short journeys. Switching off and on reset the warning lights OK.

www.renparts.co.uk
Certainly Coincidence, They don't have to touch anything on the 36k service which is related in any way to that.

Da

Less
Yep, brake pedal switch. I had it on mine, can be manually adjusted but mine went in under warranty :p

Iceberg 172
Daz, what just 'manually adjust' actually mean?

I can waggle the whole switch around in it's socket a bit, but can't find a way to click it into a more stable position....?

Volvo S60 T5
Hello

Sometimes after a brake fluid change the pedal is a lot firmer and this causes the problem as the pedal does not travel as far as it used to, hence the light coming on.
If it was adjusted correctly from new this would not happen.