ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning lights

Astra van,Mk1 nova
40mph in 5th gear last night and a warning light came on, 99% sure it called the pre-heat light (little orange square with lines inside)
stopped at the side of the road turned the car on and off and the light was gone:S

The g/f was driving the car today at 40mph and the light came on again along with the toxic fume warning light

I have already spoken to a fellow cs member and he says that its nothing to worry about but i thought i would see what you guys also thought

Was wondering what this meant, is the car in any trouble? how do i sort this problem?

Could that be related to the 129bhp ?

Or would a Dodgy Lambda not afect it ?

Whats the miles on your Cup ?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Heard that its a sensor in the plenum chamber, the car still runs fine its just the light annoys me, is this right guys? im just worried that it will lead to future problems:dapprove:

The car is now on 56k :eek: on a 03 but i dont think that will have much to do with it unless people have had this problem before around this sort of mileage:)

Heard that its a sensor in the plenum chamber, the car still runs fine its just the light annoys me, is this right guys? im just worried that it will lead to future problems:dapprove:

The car is now on 56k :eek: on a 03 but i dont think that will have much to do with it unless people have had this problem before around this sort of mileage:)

Plenum sensor I assume you mean MAP sensor? Not cheap from the dealer approx £80 I believe

If you need one me PM me I'l do one very cheap :)

But to be honest Its sounds more like a lambda

Cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U380-ISO9141-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Thats great mate, will get a picture of the light thats on and then we can decide what it is before i commit to buying something i dont need:)

Thats great mate, will get a picture of the light thats on and then we can decide what it is before i commit to buying something i dont need:)

Perfectly understandable:)

To rule it out...

It may be an idea to try d1cky's? He can try yours also both go out on a drive etc.. then see what happens.

Plenumexplained.jpg

Its the one on the left hand side. That says Pull out! If its sough use a little bit of penetrating oil to get it in/out.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Just went out to get pics.This is the first orange lights that comes on

S5031944-1.jpg

and this is the second one that comes on sometimes, just directley underneath the fuel light

S5031945.jpg

Plenumexplained.jpg

Its the one on the left hand side. That says Pull out! If its sough use a little bit of penetrating oil to get it in/out.

How is it fixed in place ?

And is it easy to get to ?

AND CAN I BE SWAPED FROM CAR TO CAR WITH NO ISSUES ?
MEANING WILL THERE BE TABS THAT CAN BREAK OFF ETC ON REMOVAL AND RENDERING IT USELESS WHEN FITTING IT BAACK TO MY CAR ?

Ahh :mad: Bloody Caps Lock :(

theres 2 little o rings on them thats the only thing that can split but if you use a little penetrating oil the chances are very slim

can you buy these o ring seperate just in case they split etc ?

And what if i split/damage these o rings and refit it ?

Will it cause issues with running etc ?

Jesus your relentless arnt you!

I have take mine out and in probably about 5ish times with no problem

Itl be fine just pull it gently and twist it as it comes out. little wd40 works wonders.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
First update:)

Just took the car out there and the warning light directly underneath the fuel light came on:evil:

The car then went into what i can only desribe as limp mode, turned it of at the lights and the light went off, the car then revved freely, Im getting soooo pi55ed of with this car now

Does it missfire at all?

need to try swapping those sensors over and see what happens. D1cky seems a bit reluctant though LOL!!

Ill feel really bad if he breaks the sensor though!! haha

Astra van,Mk1 nova
yeah so would i be tbh:) , will a 182 sensor work , as i can get hold of one,

so would that explain the warning light that comes on just under the fuel light?

What about the other one?

The car runs fine until the warning light comes on then goes into limp mode until i turn the car off and on

yeah so would i be tbh:) , will a 182 sensor work , as i can get hold of one,

so would that explain the warning light that comes on just under the fuel light?

What about the other one?

The car runs fine until the warning light comes on then goes into limp mode until i turn the car off and on

yeah there the same 172/182 ones

Hmm thats the electric light. Its probably either the map or lambda I reckon!

Shame you dont live down south. I'v quite a few spare parts you coulda tried! :(

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Yeah im sure the one below the fuel light is called the pre-heat light
and the other one pictured is called the toxic fume warning light, would that be the lambda and the other on the map sensor that connects to the inlet?

Does antone think there related? or dangerous to the cups health;)

and the other one pictured is called the toxic fume warning light, would that be the lambda and the other on the map sensor that connects to the inlet?

It may be worth fixing this before fitting the decat.

And thats it done and dusted:)

That way you'll know if theres a problem with the decat at all as the light would illuminate.

This would only affect you if this is the same light that comes on with an exhaust problem ;)

Aint the preheat light only applicable to the Dci (diesel) clios as its the preheat for the glowplugs aint it ? :S

Astra van,Mk1 nova

Aint the preheat light only applicable to the Dci (diesel) clios as its the preheat for the glowplugs aint it ? :S
Thats what i thought but thats the name of the light coming on i think:S someone must have had this problem before and knows how to fix it, first step is the sensor i think, but im still unclear on what the 2 lights mean , all the bloddy handbook says is consult your stealership:evil: The thing thats getting me is why is it going onto limp mode when the preheat light comes on?

Last edited:
Thats what i thought but thats the name of the light coming on i think:S someone must have had this problem before and knows how to fix it, first step is the sensor i think, but im still unclear on what the 2 lights mean , all the bloddy handbook says is consult your stealership:evil: The thing thats getting me is why is it going onto limp mode when the preheat light comes on?

The engine light may just mean engine fault and Maybe that other light doubles up as glowplug light on diesels and means something else on the petrol cars :S trying to point you in the correct direction of the fault :S

Astra van,Mk1 nova
going to phone renault tommorrow and see what there saying, do you think electrical faults e.g censors will be covered on warrenty;)

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
the one underneath the fuel light i think is an immobiliser light and the other is an engine management light saying there is a fault somewhere. So i believe but am not a professional though so may well be wrong lol.

Itl be the electronic warning light not the preheater like d1cky said its not a diesel

The only thing id be worried about would be unburnt fuel being chucked through the cat.... If its inw arranty ask them to plug it in and sort it should be covered fine.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
not worried about the cat :eek: gets decated on fri:)

ive kinda come to the conclusion that there related in some way, as the one under the fuel light came on and then the other one came on. surley someone has had these lights on before and can help this situation

Its not as if the cars running bad and just to make sure took it to the limiter in 2nd,3rd, and 4th pretty sharpish tonight

not worried about the cat :eek: gets decated on fri:)

ive kinda come to the conclusion that there related in some way, as the one under the fuel light came on and then the other one came on. surley someone has had these lights on before and can help this situation

Its not as if the cars running bad and just to make sure took it to the limiter in 2nd,3rd, and 4th pretty sharpish tonight

Did you get a hold of that other sensor ?

And it may be worth looking into that K Tec Fault Code Reader as its less than 50 quid and could be handy ;)