ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning MK1 Content

Chav Rocket
I know most people wont like this but anyways:

Process used was:
APC 10:1 sprayed on the wheels and agitated
HyperWash - then left to dwell for 5 minutes
whilst HyperWash was dwelling wheels cleaned with wash mitt
hyperwash PW'd off and then car shampooed using megs gold class and 2 bucket method.
car then dried off
werkstat prime strong on the body work
left for 20 minutes then acrylicc jett trigger used 3 coats with 1 hour breaks.

apologies only before and after pics and not very good ones at that but after any tips/criticism to improve my technique

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Thanks
Jonni

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Nice to see the Jeffs kit being used Jonni. Is it the first time you've used it, or, are you a regular user?!

Have you clayed the car before?

Oh, and, your tax is due! :eek::(

Chav Rocket
Nice to see the Jeffs kit being used Jonni. Is it the first time you've used it, or, are you a regular user?!

Have you clayed the car before?

Oh, and, your tax is due! :eek::(

first time ive used it, but my friend uses it quite a bit.
i've just got some dodo juice lime prime off here and some purple haze and will be giving that a try when they come.
was really impressed with the jeffs kit - so easy to apply and take off. i think i left the prime a bit too long to haze over but thats my fault.

clay? no why do i need to?

Tax - todays job!

hopefully saturday isnt raining ill be giving it a quick clean and ill take some pics in the light

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
clay? no why do i need to?

If you've never done it before, then, yes! You'll be amazed at the difference it makes. When you applied the Jeffs Prime (by hand applicator presumably?!), did you notice it 'dragged' a little?! Maybe a few areas were a bit 'rough' to touch!?

Over the years, 'kack' falls on the car, and, welds itself on! Iron filings, tree sap, rail dust, general fallout etc.. Stuff that will not wash or polish off.

Take a look at the recent Mercedes I blogged: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=497665

Only a few years old now, but, the amount of contamination was pretty shocking.

Megane r26
a thought my car was fairly clean an smooth but i clayed it today 4 first time an i was shocked with results the final finish was awesome

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Good work, Dan.

Did you polish it afterwards? With claying, you can sometimes (quite easily in some conditions..) induce 'marring' into the paint. Not a problem as often a mildy abrasive polish will follow which will clear them up no problems.. To help minimize the risk of doing so, keep the clay clean (IE, turn often), keep it warm and malleable and use plenty of lube throughout the process.