ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning

Just a quick word of warning about alloy tyre valve caps.

DONT USE THEM

Had mine on for a couple of months and went to take them off to check my tyre pressures, the bugg*rs wouldnt come off, I tried everything wd 40, Brute force , heat ,nothing would shift them, In the end i had to get the Dremmel out and cut them off.

So if you have got them, check that they can come off and bin them.

You cant beat the black plastic ones anyways.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Had the same problem. I had to get the valves cut off!! apparently the cheaper caps heat up when the wheel is in motion, and they lock solid.

if you put a little grease on them they will be fine.

I Learnt that the hardway with my MGF, had to have the valves replaced as they would not come off.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by swelch on 11 March 2004

if you put a little grease on them they will be fine.
LOL yeah but you cant put the grease on once theyve seized up can you? Had to have all my valves replaced :confused: Good advice to avoid alloy valve caps.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

On the other hand, if they are too easy to remove, then the local scumbags nick em and put em on their BMXs!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I have to use the black plastic ones where i live.

otherwise they get nicked.