ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty expires in 6 mnths!

Clio 182
Hello all,

My clio is now in its last 6 months of warranty and have arranged for my 24thou mile service. At the same time i will be having my steering wheel replaced (rubber thumb grip coming away) is there anything i should consider mentioning to the dealer.

Ive noticed on the forums that numerous people have had probs with dampers. i also have some knocking noises when going over rough roads and my exhaust seems to rattle excessively at low revs in 4th and 5th gears. Are these common gripes with the 182 and can they be fixed gratis under the warranty.

Would appreciate a list of potential problems as it seems to me to be sensible to get these fixed under warranty rather than leaving them and paying for them myself in the near future. Im sure other owners are in the same position and would welcome your input.

Thanks

Ive noticed on the forums that numerous people have had probs with dampers. i also have some knocking noises when going over rough roads and my exhaust seems to rattle excessively at low revs in 4th and 5th gears. Are these common gripes with the 182 and can they be fixed gratis under the warranty.

Would appreciate a list of potential problems as it seems to me to be sensible to get these fixed under warranty rather than leaving them and paying for them myself in the near future. Im sure other owners are in the same position and would welcome your input.

Renault do extended warenties
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152496

Yep the problem can be fixed depends how bad they are.

There a long list of problems but Renault dealers can only fix whats broken not what might break. Otherwise they'd have to chnage the whole car for a new one.

Chocolate Bar™
i wouldnt bother with an extended warranty as most arent worth the paper they're written on

Chocolate Bar™
^ my car came with an extended warranty, and if you read it carefully it stated 'like for like' so they would use second hand parts and pay the labour. and if the part was likely to increase the value of the car (say a new clutch) then you had to pay a contribution. all in the small print of cause, so it was worthless.