ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty FTW

Megane 230 R26
Currently sat at the stealer's using their free wi-fi, while the Trophy has its first MOT, a new driver-side door check-strap on warranty, and its currently noisy drivetrain listened to by their "gearbox expert". I'm sat opposite the service dept office listening to mechanics whinge at their manager "But you've got to take the whole f**king door card off for that!" etc.

I'm bored so let's play a little game, how many things will they break on the car while it's in, and what will have stopped working afterwards? :approve: I'll announce the winner tomorrow, if there is one ;)

Megane 230 R26
Cheers mate, LOL. One thing's for certain the loser will probably be me, or maybe Renault if they're buying a box for it! Great Success :D

Oh and when I got here this morning they said "Be thought we had your seat runner this morning... but it was the wrong one". Zut alors!

Megane 230 R26
Both good entries, when they did the over-sensitive alarm fix (swapping polarity of the sensor wires) they managed to chip paint off the back edge of the bonnet by smashing a wiper arm into it when going to remove the scuttle panel, so they've got previous for that!

Megane 230 R26
Things are looking up, bird from Black Horse finance just turned up for a meeting with someone and she is F I T :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ill bet that the sound deadning device (black honey-comb shaped device inside the door) become un-attatched from the door and you are stuck with the ever annoying door rattle....!

Megane 230 R26
Well a lot of the sound-deadening is missing on the Trophy anyhow, don't know if that is. The car already rattles loads, the build quality of the Clio isn't really up to the stiff ride of the suspension tbh!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
id love to be on the interview panel when renault are taking on apprentices...

".....first question, so tell us, how fuckiing useless can you be"

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm betting six problems - including the fact that they break your door card, can't find another one and simply refit a complete blue door from another Clio.

All in the vain attempt that you won't notice. ;)

D.

RX8 231 ps (modified)
How do you rate your trophy against other cars you have had in terms of niggles, fun etc...how much is a general service...Hope they sort your issue mate, i do hate dealerships, a lot!

i am going to say no problems but wont fix the reason it is there in the first place!!!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Im gonna go for oil smears all over your door cards and carpet.

Second choice will be a scuff, scratch or chip in the paint work.

Megane 230 R26
How do you rate your trophy against other cars you have had in terms of niggles, fun etc...how much is a general service...Hope they sort your issue mate, i do hate dealerships, a lot!

i am going to say no problems but wont fix the reason it is there in the first place!!!

Not too many niggles in the grand scheme of things, it's had a bottom arm on the front offside suspension, got a seat runner and carbon canister on order and today it's having a check strap, thats in its first 3 years of life (reg'd 30/06/2005). It might be having a gearbox if that's the source of the drivetrain noise I've got (sounds like a bearing or similar), but I'm assured by the garage that they very rarely put gearboxes on 1*2's so it's just bad luck. I know people often have electrical/ECU/ignition faults, sensor failures etc, and to date I've had zero (touch wood!)

In terms of fun I don't think you can beat it for anywhere near the price really but it depends on your taste. You certainly can't go much faster without spending a fair bit more money, it's definately a driver's car, very direct feel and lots of feedback, corners like it's on rails but still has character if you provoke it ;) And it can upset people in £35k+ sportscars in the right circumstances if you know how to drive it :approve: Most owners of RS Clios are familiar with that "WTF, is that a Clio" expression on another driver's face :D

Service interval is 12k, Minor service at Renault is a bit over £200, I've been lucky enough to know the Service Manager at my dealership and thus get discounts but he's left there now, 36k service with aux belt was meant to be well over £400 but I got it for mid £300's in the end.

Hope this info helps have you been tempted by one then?

Megane 230 R26
Im gonna go for oil smears all over your door cards and carpet.

Second choice will be a scuff, scratch or chip in the paint work.

They're normally very good about cardboard on carpets, plastic on seats, fresh rubber gloves when working on interior etc, but we'll see!

My major concern is when my new driver-side seat runner finally arrives (was only ordered 7 weeks ago now from France!), my beloved Recaro is going to be sat somewhere in their workshop external to the car while the new runner is fitted :dapprove:

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

".....first question, so tell us, how f**kiing useless can you be"

i went for an interview!

me: would you like to see my c.v.
manager or something: no, moving on...

then he went on to tell me how 'good' the pay was... asked me rediculous questions not even related to anything! didnt ask about my knowledge of cars or anything

RX8 231 ps (modified)

Not too many niggles in the grand scheme of things, it's had a bottom arm on the front offside suspension, got a seat runner and carbon canister on order and today it's having a check strap, thats in its first 3 years of life (reg'd 30/06/2005). It might be having a gearbox if that's the source of the drivetrain noise I've got (sounds like a bearing or similar), but I'm assured by the garage that they very rarely put gearboxes on 1*2's so it's just bad luck. I know people often have electrical/ECU/ignition faults, sensor failures etc, and to date I've had zero (touch wood!)

In terms of fun I don't think you can beat it for anywhere near the price really but it depends on your taste. You certainly can't go much faster without spending a fair bit more money, it's definately a driver's car, very direct feel and lots of feedback, corners like it's on rails but still has character if you provoke it ;) And it can upset people in £35k+ sportscars in the right circumstances if you know how to drive it :approve: Most owners of RS Clios are familiar with that "WTF, is that a Clio" expression on another driver's face :D

Service interval is 12k, Minor service at Renault is a bit over £200, I've been lucky enough to know the Service Manager at my dealership and thus get discounts but he's left there now, 36k service with aux belt was meant to be well over £400 but I got it for mid £300's in the end.

Hope this info helps have you been tempted by one then?

Yeah i am defo going to get one, just waiting to sell my MPS first! 36k service that is a lot. not the timing belt at 36k surely????

I have done tonnes of reading of reviews etc and defo want the trophy, as a drivers car it looks amazing! I need to save money and still want a fun car so the trophy fits the bill. Are you aware of any issues with the shocks? I know how much they cost! Apparently a re-built is only £250 ish if one does break?

Cheesr for the info.

Well, im gonna go for, the door card clips, and i expect the electric windows will go a bit tits up. Also you will find a nice oil stain on the seat belt and white powder over your steering wheel and gear knob.

toon

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

".....first question, so tell us, how f**kiing useless can you be"

i went for an interview!

me: would you like to see my c.v.
manager or something: no, moving on...

then he went on to tell me how 'good' the pay was... asked me rediculous questions not even related to anything! didnt ask about my knowledge of cars or anything

When you say good? in comparison to what? Community service lol?