ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Was going to trade my 172 for an R32, then I drove one!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Borrrinngggg, you talk about buying every car that is ever mentioned.

Only the other day you said this:

Is there are car out there you're not considering for your next car? :clown:

Clio's :eek:

German or Jap for me. I've got a while till I get hold of my next car, so why not consider many options.

Currently, if you must know ;)

Golf R32 MK4/2.8 V6 4MOTION MK4
Civic Type R (but I'd always want the JDM Championship white model :dapprove: )
DC5 Integra
BMW 330ci
Nissan 350Z GT4

:)

Arr, someone else has noticed your bull s**t also.

Honda Civic Type R
Bit gutted they're releasing a better version tbh :dapprove: although I don't know how the extra weight of the engine with help it in the corners, may start understeering like someone has said the Mk4 did.

Don't know why VW have tried to increase the engine size on an already monster of an engine, they should have stuck a supercharger or turbo on there, no that would have been a nice upgrade :cool:
Jo3y, I've got to agree with that, It seems almost inconcievable that little hatchbacks will be available with V6 engines approaching 4 litres in size. Daihatsu's little Charade Gtti used to get away with less than 1 litre and still hit 60 in less than 8 seconds.

There is a lot to be said for the culture of a well tuned V6 and it needn't be an understeering dog (the MK4 that I drove had less understeer than my Clio) but the ever increasing weight of these cars needs to be checked.

I think that the days of lightweight, normally aspirated hot hatches may well be left behind unless we're prepared to downsize to the likes of the Fiat Panda 100HP - lovely little thing.........but would you? And I think that it's a shame.

Renault have stuck resolutely to normal aspiration with all Clio Sport models but the 197 simply isn't fast enough to satisfy most of us.

Most people want multi airbags, improved crash protection, higher equipment levels and better build quality but there is a price to pay.

How long before the Clio/Focus/Civic/Astra all have V6's under their bonnets?

as well as the extra weight cars carry these days it also has a lot to do with emissions laws. tuning and boosting smaller engines normally increases emissions levels to beyond legal levels. another reason for big engine hot hatches is that peolpe seem to want their hot hatches to also be refined and comfortable cruisers and not have to rag the engines. at least this is what the manufacturers think the demand is. i myself think hot hatches are meant to be driven hard. thats why i love my ctr. that engine is awesome and just loves to be abused. same goes for the 172/182 clio's. they are probably the last of the REAL hot hatches (the clio especially)

on the flip side, i can see the appeal of having effortless pace and quiet comfort when you want it. no one can say a clio cup (for example) is a lovely car to drive 300 miles across the country. i'm not saying it's a nightmare but the difference between doing that journey in a golf r32 and a clio cup is like night and day..........

i can't wait for the new scooby. there's gonna be a 300+ bhp hot hatchback version with 4wd and turbo power. if it's classed as a hot hatch it could be the best ever by a mile:evil:

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I love the R32...tbh looks wise I prefer the mk4 but the mk5 is growing on me. I know that my Cup is quicker than one to over a 100 (was b4 and will defo be now) but it is a similar thing to the V6 clio...more to it than just speed. Maybe in the future I'll get on but not for a fast thrilling ride but a nice, smooth reasonably quick car.....worth it for the noise alone lol

Chris

i don't think a standard cup is quicker than an r32 to 100. i'm quite sure the golf would be pulling after 60. when you said yours was b4 do you mean when it was std?

My 182 is just as quick if not quicker than a standard MKV R32. If he uses launch control he'll get me off the start but then i can pull it back,got a couple of great vids of it actually,we also ran an identical 350m time last night with him taking out his rear seats and wheel which saved him 50kg.

But the difference in quality is simply amazing,its an ultimate hatch cruiser,it will sit at 120mph all day long and feel like you're going 60mph,the seats are the nuts too.

Honda Civic Type R
yeah the seats are good. maybe you're right. come to think of it there probably isn't that much in it to 100. off the line though they are rapid. i'd love to just be able to floor my car and then dump the clutch but i'm afraid i won't get very far and my front tyres will not be impressed

The Bus and MRT
i don't think a standard cup is quicker than an r32 to 100. i'm quite sure the golf would be pulling after 60. when you said yours was b4 do you mean when it was std?

My 182 is just as quick if not quicker than a standard MKV R32. If he uses launch control he'll get me off the start but then i can pull it back,got a couple of great vids of it actually,we also ran an identical 350m time last night with him taking out his rear seats and wheel which saved him 50kg.

But the difference in quality is simply amazing,its an ultimate hatch cruiser,it will sit at 120mph all day long and feel like you're going 60mph,the seats are the nuts too.

Isn't your Clio Tuned to f**k though mate? Sure I read a thread where some evo driver had been out in it?