ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Was this anybody's on here?

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
http://www.fow.co.uk/mobile/view-car/renault-clio-rnz1354

Excuse my terrible attempt at putting a link up so it might not work.. Noticed this on the Ford of Winsfords website, they seem to have a lot of clio 200's going in and out of there and I was just wondering if anybody may of part ex it in? Very low miles seen as its a drivers car! Can only feel the person who owned didn't drive it enough...

172 Turbo
Some of us don't use our cars everyday though. We live in a tiny town, I walk to the station and get on a train 5 days a week and we can walk to our local shops so the car can sit for weeks before being used.

Suzuki Jimny
The 4 year PCP's come with only 6k a year allowance.

Also I wouldn't want to drive it with those awful DRL's stuck on the front.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
The 4 year PCP's come with only 6k a year allowance.

Also I wouldn't want to drive it with those awful DRL's stuck on the front.

I see so that accounts for the mileage then! Just be interested to see why the person got rid and how it ended up at FOW.

I'd have to agree with you on the LED's they look terrible, look like something off the new aygo's!!

Nissan 350z
I'd have to agree with you on the LED's they look terrible, look like something off the new aygo's!!

Probably fitted by a Renault dealer as an accessory then, Renaults whole approach to DRLs on the Clios seems very Halfords with the only attempts to incorporate them being in the Meganes blade.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Id love to meet the man who says 'they look good on there, definatly an improvement'

RB182cup&golf gti
I looked at a couple of their Clio 200s back in February and wasn't impressed. There's always something that puts me off their cars. Spec/interior/history/mileage etc, I.e. The ones the dealer would send to auction as undesirable. The one I went to see was a black cup packed 200 on 30k miles with recaros. They'd put ditchfinders on it, the bolsters were shot and it was tatty close up. Bit of tlc and it would have been fine but just left me cold.
Where's that reg plate originate from ?

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I know what you mean! But a part of me feels that they don't know what there selling? Like they brand a clio 200 as a ordinary clio when it's comes to advertising it! There was a liquid yellow one there not long back for next too nothing. Could of been a quick flip if you had the time! Is it not Northern Ireland?

RB182cup&golf gti
Tight margins and quick turnaround is how they operate. Not sure what they're like these days. I bought a 106 from them back in 2001. Car was competitively priced for sure, but you literally get the car and nothing else, I.e. No after sales, warranty, servicing. Suited me as paid cash. I like the fact you can mooch round and you don't get pushy sales staff pressuring you. When I bought my 106 they had a few brand new import phase 1 172s which I used to drool over. Couldn't afford one at the time. Remember them having a mint year old P1 Impreza up for 18k. Sure seems their cars now are all shite spec, shite colours etc. but I guess your average joe punter doesn't care about that.
I looked at the liquid yellow but the mileage put me off.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Would have to agree with the no after sales.. It's a one month warranty and then that's it! They probably have got much faith in the cars they sell.. Yeah been there before and really like the atmosphere, they just let you get on with it instead of breathing down your neck which is a big bonus when it comes to buying a new car! They seem to go down the audi bmw path with there cars as they are all the top dollar examples but like you said sometimes a rare speed machine can find its way in there. I've heard they sell 300 cars a week!!?

Suzuki Jimny
I looked at a couple of their Clio 200s back in February and wasn't impressed. There's always something that puts me off their cars. Spec/interior/history/mileage etc, I.e. The ones the dealer would send to auction as undesirable. The one I went to see was a black cup packed 200 on 30k miles with recaros. They'd put ditchfinders on it, the bolsters were shot and it was tatty close up. Bit of tlc and it would have been fine but just left me cold.
Where's that reg plate originate from ?

That'll be the annoying thing when I come to sell mine. All the options bar satnav and cornering lights with as new interior and I doubt i'll get over 8k :(

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Pretty much all the cars I have looked at fow have had issues as said, but what I have nearly always noticed is that the wear and tear is always shocking for the mileage of the cars. Looks like they have been clocked to me. More annoying I have ended up with a so called low mileage car which I have since found they have previously sold so now i have my doubts about that cars mileage too.