ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wash Day

Oh yeah - shes getting a good going over today (and the car) the full works - glass polish - tyre gel - arch liners...

Im going to go out on a limb and guess that I wont be the only Cliosport member ewashing their beast today :D

Also, I am considering an external Cliosport sticker on the leading edge of the bonnet. Am I mad? Anyone got any pics of something similar on their car?

106 GTi

Got some new stuff to try out on mine, did the big wash earlier in he week, the big polish today.

Really must get round to putting he sticker in I got when I joined!

i did mine yesterday, but im still waiting for my #80 and #83 megs to come from serious performance so i can use my pc properly:devilish:, i did the glass yesterday with some autoglym glass polish and my pc and the glass is lovely and smooth

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 25 March 2005
i did mine yesterday, but im still waiting for my #80 and #83 megs to come from serious performance so i can use my pc properly:devilish:, i did the glass yesterday with some autoglym glass polish and my pc and the glass is lovely and smooth

Dude your paint is half as thick as it used to be!

nah, nothing i have put on it yet has thinned the paint, the #83 is fairly abrasive but its near impossible to damage your paint with a pc :), well i tell a lie you can throw it at the car ;)

IIRC Paint thickness is measured in thousands of an inch and typically paint including the clearcoat is around 20 -30 thousands of an inch with the hard clearcoat forming approx 8 thousands of an inch, wet snading with a 1200 grit paper will generally remove 1-2 thousands of an inch per gentle pass, tests were done poilishing paint 30 times in a month with an abrasive polish with no real reduction in clearcoat thickness.

You would therefore literally have to polish your paint every day!

Saying that Renault paint is ony two thousands of an inch thick and can be fully removed after 3 polishes;)

i won 3 megs wool wash mits of ebay this week £22.50 with p&p :) from one seller, but when i got them there was only 2 there, he left a note in saying sorry but he had ran out, so to make up for it he included 1 megs ultimate wipe, 1 megs tyre shine , and a pack of applicators, well happy with that

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 25 March 2005

IIRC Paint thickness is measured in thousands of an inch and typically paint including the clearcoat is around 20 -30 thousands of an inch with the hard clearcoat forming approx 8 thousands of an inch, wet snading with a 1200 grit paper will generally remove 1-2 thousands of an inch per gentle pass, tests were done poilishing paint 30 times in a month with an abrasive polish with no real reduction in clearcoat thickness.

You would therefore literally have to polish your paint every day!

Saying that Renault paint is ony two thousands of an inch thick and can be fully removed after 3 polishes;)

he he, a bit more technical than my answer :oops:, but just the same none the less:)

ps brazo did you get your order yet

^^A good ebayer!
yeh was quite happy with that, but i guess he should of checked his stock before selling, still he more than made up for it

also brazo what you think of these prices from pakshak ?

Thank you for your email. That’s great. Yes, we do have a ongoing special discount. As requested, please find below your quote.

$21.25 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Plush MF towels (light blue)

$23.75 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Fine MF towels (white)

$24.00 for two (2) – 25” x 36” WW MF towels (light blue)

$8.00 for two (2) – 6 ½” Ultra MF bonnets (white)

$20.00 for shipping and handling via USPS Airmail Letter Post

So the total cost of your quote is $97.00 shipped to you in the UK.

Ah yes!

Full Klasse system including qd and glanz spray wax, concurs buffing towel and bonnets for pc and they threw in some sonus der wunder applicators seeing as I now have my entire wages on direct debit to their bank account each month:cool:

problem is i got these coming from waynes towels, i only ordered from waynes coz pakshak site was down

5 Ultimate Plush Towel $5.90ea
6 Luxury Soft Towel.....$5.50ea
2 Waffle Weave Drying Towel.....$19.00ea (10% Off $17.10
4 Microfiber Applicator.....$3.50ea

also brazo what you think of these prices from pakshak ?

Thank you for your email. That’s great. Yes, we do have a ongoing special discount. As requested, please find below your quote.

$21.25 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Plush MF towels (light blue)

$23.75 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Fine MF towels (white)

$24.00 for two (2) – 25” x 36” WW MF towels (light blue)

$8.00 for two (2) – 6 ½” Ultra MF bonnets (white)

So the total cost of your quote is $97.00 shipped to you in the UK.
SOunds good, that would cost you about a small house in London if you bought from megs! I love the m/fs as they ahve aplush side for qding and a thin side for removing waxes etc.

One w/w towel will do my whole corrola so aclio will be no probs!

Ah yes!

Full Klasse system including qd and glanz spray wax, concurs buffing towel and bonnets for pc and they threw in some sonus der wunder applicators seeing as I now have my entire wages on direct debit to their bank account each month:cool:
lol, im waiting for a replacement backing plate from them, as the one they sent with my pc was a little out of shape, they said they put some freebies in my parcel too:)

106 GTi

Right must go and wash the car b4 its too hot!

You mean the suns out round your way?

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 25 March 2005

What is happening about the Pakshak group buy does anyone know?
lol, i gave up a while ago, people just dont want a bargain,they dont realise using normal cloths damage the paint, if people arent sure try the cd test (i.e get your regular cloth and rub it on the silver side of the cd, if it scratches it thats what its doing to your cars paint)

i still think the price they offered me was good, just join autopia and they give you a discount, they knocked loads of the retail value

106 GTi

I will email Trev and cancel my bits then, and see what deal I can get direct.

Cloudy here, should really get on with it, need a cup of tea first!

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 25 March 2005

I will email Trev and cancel my bits then, and see what deal I can get direct.

Cloudy here, should really get on with it, need a cup of tea first!
well he offered me

$21.25 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Plush MF towels (light blue)should be $35

$23.75 for five (5) – 16” x 16” Ultra-Fine MF towels (white) )should be $32

$24.00 for two (2) – 25” x 36” WW MF towels (light blue)should be $36

$8.00 for two (2) – 6 ½” Ultra MF bonnets (white)should be $16

so quite a big saving really

106 GTi

Nice one, just been on the site its back..... He has loads of new bits coming next month so Im going to hold fire until then.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Mines being done today... and then Ill errrm post some pics up. Might look a bit special.. lol.

Oh and I find hot water and a sponge quite effective when cleaning the car. :-D

oh and i got 2 of each of the sonus pads coming, and i got a set of 4" pads coming :D

i gotta stop spending
Hope you got the 4 inch backing plate:eek:

oh and i got 2 of each of the sonus pads coming, and i got a set of 4" pads coming :D

i gotta stop spending
Hope you got the 4 inch backing plate:eek:

yeh got the 4" plate too

Turtle Wax Black n Shine tyre dressing is the dogs b****cks!

Jet black glossy boots on gleaming anthracite sl*g rims...Inferno in the sun, looking like youd melt if you touched it...f**k yeah! :cool:

If I was a copper Id pull me over and say "afternoon sir, were you aware that your vehicle looks the dogs f**king b****cks sir?"

Yamaha R6

yeap... washed mine all morning after having my rims put back on... took it for a spin just now... joyful.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 25 March 2005

Turtle Wax Black n Shine tyre dressing is the dogs b****cks!

Jet black glossy boots on gleaming anthracite sl*g rims...Inferno in the sun, looking like youd melt if you touched it...f**k yeah! :cool:

If I was a copper Id pull me over and say "afternoon sir, were you aware that your vehicle looks the dogs f**king b****cks sir?"
LOL

I spent an extra hour today and waxed my rims, dressed the engine bay and cleaned the backs/insides of the wheels!

Love that inferno, any pics Roy?