ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wash Tommorow..Want Wet Look

RS Meg 175
Hello peeps,
Gunnee wash the automobile tomorow just wondered if anyone knew the best method to get a nice glossy effect on my metallic black paint :)
Atm iam using....

(2 Buschete Method)
NXT Wash with Mitt
Dry With Meg Waffle Mmmm....
AG SRP
Remove/Buff With Microfibre
Megs NXT Wax
Remove/Buff With Microfibre

Any Ideas/Methods/Products would be greatly apreeeciated :p
Looking for a wet, glossy look

Cheers Peepykins

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i just use the meguires 1,2,3 step stuff and does the job lurvly! alot of elbow grease really mate i'd say. SRP i personally think on new cars sucks :)

VRS
not a fan of the three step megs stuff :(
search some threads in this section and you will see a lot of good gear for geting all sorts of quality results on ur motor :)

RS Meg 175
ok nice one, but back to me other question :p , what should i use to get a nice Wet, glossy look on my black car?
Cheers

106 GTi
I am sure I suggested a few things on you best buffing material thread the other week ?

For a wet glossy look you really need to look into glaze type products that are high in oils, and a wet looking wax and or sealant.

I got best results on black with clearkote vannilla moose hand glaze, or Meguiars show car glaze topped with poorboys ex-p sealant and nattys blue wax.

AG super resin with multiple coats of extra gloss protection also works well. The main area of the wet look comes from well polished paint, its all in the prep, wash, clay, paint clean and a good polish.

RS Meg 175
What is paint clean rich?
as iam going to el halfordo's in a bit and atm on my list is:

1. Drying Waffle
2. AG EGP
3. Megs Quick Clay

To use in conjunction with the products at the top of the page :p

106 GTi
To clean the paint you need to use clay to remove above the surface contamination, and chemical paint cleaner of some sort aswell to get reight back to bare unsealed paint. If you sticking to Halfords the Megs stage 1 paint cleaner is ok but AG SRP will clean the paint up ok to.

I would wash, clay, Scratch X, AG SRP, EGP x 2 and then use a good Carnuba wax working by hand.

RS Meg 175
Will scratchX get rid of actual scratches like tcut?, and i should have to use it on all of the car should i? as ive seen that it takes ageeeeeeeees by hand :S

and how much would this little lot cost from el halfordo's?

Clay
EGP
Waffle Weave DT
ScratchX
Gold Class Clear Coat Wax

Assuming i need it all and they sell it there :S lol

106 GTi
Scratch X is a much better option than T-cut IMO, but is hard work by hand, I would do it in the areas it needs the most.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i gave my cup the first major clen of the year on thursday, (the hard core way,by hand lol) megs clay, then auto glym super resin, followed by extra gloss protection....left for an hour, then buffed up, looks WELL glossy and wet, awsome under street lighting at night

you won't go far wrong with that order

106 GTi
It is a nice combo, Gaz add a few more coats of EGP after the next couple of washes, it gets even better with a few coats. Also think about a pot of P21s wax to top it off with - looks awesome on Blue.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
its awsome, really deep finish to the paint, i'm gonna wash it again tomorrow, so should i give it another egp, then, as i also have some megs carnuba wax kicking about in my shed, give it a coat of that? will this also add to the finish?

106 GTi
2-3 coats of EGP seem to be the optimum for looks and protection.

The stage 3 Megs carnuba would add to the looks too yes. Wait till you have got the chosen amout of EGP layers on ist though as, once you have used the wax, subsequent layers of EGP cant really be added as they wont bond.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
interesting, so once i use the carnuba, the egp wont bond, so, i take it i would need to super resin the car again for the egp to bond?

106 GTi
Yeah to add more coats of EGP you would need to re SRP and start again.

For me once I have got the desired coats of EGP on (2-3), I just add a coat of Carnuba after a wash.