ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jets Stopped working..

I went to spray my screen this morning and the jets didnt work and the wipers didnt work either as they usually work when u spray the jets , checked all fuses and cant find no fcuked ones !! :confused:

I fitted my new stereo yesterday so thought i could of blown a fuse , but i fitted it correctly !! and theres no fuses blown as far as i can see...

Can anybody help me try to fix this problem as ive got a 300 mile drive comin up next week and i will need the jets !!

Thanks

Rich

will the wipers work when u switch em on normally?

can u hear the pump go when u hold the arm in?

check a number of things:

Fluid
Linkage
Wiring

Yes the wipers work normally,you cant hear the pump go.

I topped the fluid up yesterday and they worked fine when i tested them.

theres fuse under on of the engine scuttle panels aint there? Dunno if they do anything importnat but maybe worth a look?

yea theres fuses right next to the washer bottle but there not for the jets , the fuses are under the glove box afaik , checked them and there fine !!

I also removed both pumps and checked the wiring but they seem fine .

Both front and back jets dont work , great !!! :(

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Is it even possible the bottle has frozen and thus stopping the motor from turning ?

Also if you get stopped this is an offence not to have this working ! :eek:

Another thing that could be related is that my digital outdoor temp display has now dissapeared and not working , maybe a relay is f**ked ? if so which one is it lol !!? Or do relays have nothing to do with these things..

I dont think the pumps frozen as the cars been warmed up and still not working.

well at guess, the washer jets wouldnt be on timers however the wipers will be, get some one to try turnt them on while the bonnets up try see if u can hear the pumps (have engine off helps) if ya can then either a.) there blocked/ blockage in the line b.)kink in line c.) split in line. If you carnt hear the pumps then dont know how easy it is to access them but if u know any1 with a multimeter get them to test for power if there is 12v then the pumps f**ked, if not then either you missin a fuse or somesort of broken connection. hope this helps, i in cheshire if u local and want any help pm me. sorry if any of this is covered didnt have time to read replies

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

happening 2 mine too. back ones work fine. i cant hear the pump on the front ones though

Thats the thing it aint the pump its just I have lost intermittent wipe and washer jets both front and rear...

Have checked all fuses but all ok... dont really fancy calling an auto electrician as will chanced to be something well easy I am overlooking...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

put a multimeter across the pump terminals and check there is a feed present when you pull on the wiper stalk.if there is a feed then the pumps knackered.if there is no feed then recheck all fuses and check the wiper stalk.