ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Jets

Renault Clio 182 BG
Hi, common problem of the washer jets not working (front and rear)
I've read the guide on here of what to do but just wanted to know would just replacing the motor fix it? As the guide says you cut a little black rubber tube inside the motor.
Is a manufacturing fault with all motors? They don't work properly till that part has been modified or the old ones just get bunged up and need a small bit cutting off?

Having to manually squirt a bottle of water over the screen to wash it, isn't a good look haha!

Clio 182
I just did this last week, i changed the motor for a generic 2005 clio one from eurocar parts and it works great - at least you don't have xenons and the second headlight washer pump to deal with! Also well worth cleaning out the washer fluid reservoir while you've got all the wiper mechanism out...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Replace the pump...for the couple of quid it costs...its not worth the hassle of bastardising the bits in the vain hope it will sort the problem.

Renault Clio 182 BG
This is what I wanted to hear! Taking apart the motor was not something I was looking forward to!
Is it an east enough job? Just wipers and scuttle panel off then it's all obvious from there?

Renault Clio 182 BG
Just looked on eurocarparts for the motor, didt actually realise they were so cheap. I was expecting £40 ish for some reason. The aftermarket one works ok then?