ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washer pump - dead

clio 172
Iam having major problems with my electrics at the moment, 1st - my washer pump, the motor is fine, the pipe is clear. The only thing it could be is the wire going from the switch to the motor. Has anyone had this problem? If so roughly where was the wire corroded, as really dont fancy ripping the dash off and the problem being down at the motor or swith end.
2nd - speedo fail, Not sure if connected to the washer pump, but when driving along my speedo dies and goes to 0mph, then after 5-10secs it goes to normal again. Has this happened to anyone?
3rd - Dash clock, My clock has been flashing now for ages, the fuse is fine and I know if i press one of the buttons it will stop, but this does not work all the time, plus if i was to do that every day for a week the clock will be out by an hour.
Please help as i love the car asn just want it to run properly from now on

Mike

1) Whats exactly wrong is the wire got no power down it ?

If so check the fuses.

2) I'd bet you have a phase 1 172 or a cup is so then its an easy fix the gearbox has a speedo sensor in it it needs checking if its plugged in and a good connection or a new one putting in easy enough to do and its only cheap

3) Check the car battery. also check the fuse for the inside of the car and realy. battery is my best bet.

clio 172
Ive got a 172 ph2 non cup, the motor is fine and the switch is also fine, there is no power going from switch to the motor, Ive been told that running a piggy back with an additional switch for the water near the dash, does anyone have this?
What am i chacking the battery for, from what i can see its fine and only 10,000miles old.
thanks for the help with the speedo, and everything else

Mike

Ive got a 172 ph2 non cup, the motor is fine and the switch is also fine, there is no power going from switch to the motor, Ive been told that running a piggy back with an additional switch for the water near the dash, does anyone have this?
What am i chacking the battery for, from what i can see its fine and only 10,000miles old.
thanks for the help with the speedo, and everything else
if its a none cup phase 2 then its the wiring from the abs to the dasboard so firstsly check the radio is getting a speedo output as that gets louder the faster you go that will check the abs is working giving out a signal then you'll need to check the earth on the dashbaord and then the dashbaord need swopping to check as they can fail. just check your car isn't one of the very rare easy cars which have the speedo sensor in the box

check battery is holding its power and there no drain from the car interier lights etc.

no power to the motor though get checking the loom back wards does the rest of that stalk work?

clio 172
yeah the rest of the stalk works, both the front and back blades are fine, when you press the button you cant even hear the motor trying to get the water out. Thanks for the rest of the advise, i will check the box, but very much doubt that iam that lucky.
Cheers again