ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Pump - Definitive Answers Please :)

GF's window washers packed up a week or two ago, rear one has been dead for about a year. Can still hear the motor whining as normal when you pull the stalk.

Changed to citroen mist jets and it's made no difference at all, my next port of call is to try and flush the bottle through with a hose and some APC but knowing my luck it'll be the motor.

So some questions if you'll humour me CS... I'm finding mixed information after searching.

I gather a 182 has 2 washer motors, both on the bottle. Are these split windscreen/headlights & rear on it's own OR windscreen/rear & headlights on their own? (i.e. will I need to change both or just one?)

Secondly, does this fit a 182? I see the mk2 megane ones get a mention often.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWIN-OUTL...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c396bbb1

Finally, I understand the order of removal is:

Wipers off, Scuttle off, wiper motor off, washer bottle out.

Is this correct? Is there a guide - can't find one?

Cheers All!

Sam

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Two motors one does front and rear screens other does lights
Proper pita to do thou ! Wiper pullers are a must and the motors are a b*****d to get at !
Good luck :)
Would get genuine motor from Adam at reno wolves in traders section as non originals may not be correct .

Haha that fills me with confidence.

I have a puller for the wipers. Any ideas how the scuttle comes off? Hoping it's obvious when I look at it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Obvious once you get the wipers off. The pumps are actually interchangeable from memory, but if you want to do it right you probably are best replacing rather than swapping!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I got the one thats £8 from Euro Car Parts.. worked a treat. The motor is very accessible, it's just dipped into the bottle on my 1.2 16v. Make sure you do not loose the rubber seal, as it will just drain your washer bottle. Thats how mine started, back one stopped working, front ones had always been crap anyway.

Thanks all. Gonna have a stab at changing the motors over tonight to see of I can source the problem and the order a new on this week.

Help please :)

Is this the part I need to take apart and trim?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375211540.905180.jpg