ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer pumps and leaking rubber bung

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Bought some new washer pumps not genuine and appears to leak via the rubber bung which goes to tank. Tried the old one of the renault pump. Is this common issue ?

Also one pump ive left disconnected as i dont have rear wiper, the other pump i connected 1 single pipes per outlet but only get spray out of one of the bonnet jets.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I fitted aftermarket pumps and they leaked. Was able to buy just the bung new from Renault which were nearly as dear as the pump, it didn't link after that.

This is the part number 7700431722

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I must admit the pumps were only cheap from autodoc and i tried the renault bung but thats going to be like 15 years old ! Buy cheap buy twice. Will try a febi bilstein

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I bought new pumps from eBay and they came with a new bung (can't find the listing as it was a few years ago). I got a leak, but was a crack in the bottle behind the bung.
No rear wiper. So I fitted a pov spec bottle that only had one pump - weight saving lol