ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer pump problems - Fuse blowing

Having done a search to no avail would someone be able to help me.

I am having a problem with my washer pump. The washer packed up for the screen and then eventually the lights. It appears there are two pumps in the washer bottle, but one is inaccessible. I have replaced the accessible pump with no luck ( a washer bottle full but no spray). The fuse keeps blowing and before the fuse blows when trying to use the washer it dims the A/C screen. I have put pins in the washer holes and blown out with an airline. The pipes were dry before, so the pump has pumped through no water. It does not appear to be pumping when take out of the bottle. The lights washer also connected to the pump squirted a little water when the airline was blown through so I believe that is clear.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Fixed. Took the washer bottle out completely. The screen pump is the inaccessible pump on the nearside of the car. This had an ingress of water, which I would guess was causing the fuse to blow. Swapped the pumps over and the screen is now washing. Just need a new pump for the lights.