ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Pump Removal

Hi there,
got wipers and scuttle off but can't seem to remove pump? I'm sure I read they are loose fitting but can't seem to put it out.

Do I need to remove the washer bottle first? Looks like all the wiper mechanism is in the way, so does that need to come out too?

I pulled up on the pump but rather than it coming out it just pulled the cover off!

Thanks, Andy

It don't pull up on mine. Decided to remove washer bottle and remove it and it pulls out sideways not up..

Reason why I was pulling as I looked at new one, but Euro have sent me the wrong pump! The one they sent just has a downward pointing nozzle but the one I took out does a 90 degree bend and is much wider.

Guess I'll have to go get one locally, serves me right for buying online!

That won't work mate. The seals in the bottom bit have gone and allowed water into the casing, the motor is all wet and rusted up, so if I swap the motor over the same will happen...

Will need to get a new unit, will ebay the one euro sent as not worth dicking about getting a refund..

You'll find you'll have to get a washer pump direct from Renault as like you've now discovered, the ones from the parts places are universal and are not the ones for the Clio Sport. Well, it wasn't for mine and it wasn't for yours.

I had Mike at Rentech remove my washer pumps and they took the bottle out.

Yeah seems so. I went to GSF and Euro at lunchtime and they only have the one with a down pointing nozzle.

I called into Renault too and they only had that same one. They guy tried using the part number off the one I had and couldn't find it! He has ordered one in, but isn't convinved it'll be the right one either!

Anyone else have a 172 and swapped theirs?

Thanks, Andy