ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washers leak afer cambelt-change

Listerine & Poledo
Hi all

Ive seen plenty about the light washers giving up on Clios, but here's the rub.

I took my 172 in for its much needed cambelt job, got it back home, parked it up, job done. Looking forward to using some revs again.

Then I go back out an hour later and have a mild seizure as a large puddle is growing under the front of the car.

Of course, it turns out to be the lamp washer, then, about 1/2 an hour later, the washer on the other side is leaking too!

Before the cambelt job was done I had NO issue with either, so I'm going to confront the dealership about why all of a suden I've got 2 broken washers after the get their hands on it.

Could the cam-belt work have knocked or disturbed something in the pipework to cause this?

I certainly dont fancy having to cough up for hours of labour at Renault just to fix a job that they've created.

Listerine & Poledo
thanks for the quick reply.

so, what do you gauge my chances on getting them to fix them?

I dont mind paying parts, but since it was damged in their hands, not the labour

Lionel Richie
the front bumper has to come off, so they will have disconnected the joint under the passenger side front arch/bumper

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
what fred said front bumper is removed to do cambelt so jets would have been disconnected, take it back and say that you no about the bumper being removed for the cambelt.

Listerine & Poledo
got it sorted.
the garage only topped up an empty bottle, which then escaped through the jets almost immedietly.
The last people to be working on that area were a bodyshop dealing with a minor front wing ding, so thgey picked up the cost.
Now all's sorted, for the first time in ages

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
When my cambelt was changed, one of the headlight washers wasn't working and both foglights were dead, both remedied by dealer while I waited.

Listerine & Poledo
I was quite pleased that the fix didn't take too long. About an hour. Whenever people say "x panal needs to come off" I usually think that means several days of labour charges.

Not that it mattered this time anyway! accident repair warranties, hell yeah