ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing black cars!

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Everytime I wash my car it comes out looking just as dirty as it was before I washed it! Am using car shampoo, washing from top to bottom and rinising it alot whilst washing. I keep ending up with these little dirt circles all over the bonnet of my car. Is this just what I get for having a black car?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i think it may be you doing it wrong :) use a clean sponge and have two buckets (one clean water one dirty water).

if you use one bucket you are putting the dirt back on the car which is self ownage tbh/

how are you going about washing your car pal? if you go on the guides section there are a load of methods on how to wash your car.

But yes. black cars are c***s to wash :)

Static Low
Yeah id say your method is all wrong.
I wouldnt advise using a sponge either.
2 bucket method , a hose to rinse the car or something along they lines.
Use a good shampoo. meguiars gold class shampoo is my choice & the car is black. always a good result. rinse the car well before hand and i always wash it a panel at a time top to bottom, the rinse it off. Its important not to let the soapy water dry into the car. I laywas wash my car twice over just to make sure :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeah id say your method is all wrong.
I wouldnt advise using a sponge either.
2 bucket method , a hose to rinse the car or something along they lines.
Use a good shampoo. meguiars gold class shampoo is my choice & the car is black. always a good result. rinse the car well before hand and i always wash it a panel at a time top to bottom, the rinse it off. Its important not to let the soapy water dry into the car. I laywas wash my car twice over just to make sure :)

What else can you use dude? apart from washing mitt but i can't see there being any difference

Static Low
Ive got a washing mitt & a sheepskin mitt.
Sheepskin mitt, which gos over your hand like a glove.
really really smooth.
dirt and stuff gets trapped in the sponge.
Im sure someone with a better insight into this stuff will be along soon, i fairly new to it :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
really really smooth.
Im sure someone with a better insight into this stuff will be along soon, i fairly new to it :)

The dirt lies on top of the sponge . You might as well get some fine grit sandpaper :eek:

The meguiars sheepskin washmitts are the ones i favour . They're only about 7 quid from Halfords .

Static Low
really really smooth.

The dirt lies on top of the sponge . You might as well get some fine grit sandpaper :eek:

The meguairs sheepskin washmitts are the ones i favour .

Its the one i favour too mate :)

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
i think it may be you doing it wrong :) use a clean sponge and have two buckets (one clean water one dirty water).

if you use one bucket you are putting the dirt back on the car which is self ownage tbh/

how are you going about washing your car pal? if you go on the guides section there are a load of methods on how to wash your car.

But yes. black cars are c**ts to wash :)

Had a look at that guide, I tryed the 2 bucket method and had a spair bucket to use for cleaning sponge but still found that after this I was left with dirt marks on the bodywork. Kind of put me of using that method as it took me longer and I still got pretty much the same dirty results lol

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Hmm so sheepskin glove things seem to be a good method?

Also my front windowscreen wont get clean, I wash it loads and rinse it off alot but It keeps coming up with dirt marks around the outside. I have used some AutoGlym windowscreen polish and this didnt make much difference to it, any insights?

Static Low
Youre obviously doing something wrong mate.
Leaving the soapy water on too long, so it dries in ??do it a panel at a time. rinse it well. then rinse the whole car then wash it again and dont use a sponge :)

Static Low

Also my front windowscreen wont get clean, I wash it loads and rinse it off alot but It keeps coming up with dirt marks around the outside. I have used some AutoGlym windowscreen polish and this didnt make much difference to it, any insights?

maybe its actualy the inside of the window thats unclean ;) i had this issue.

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)

maybe its actualy the inside of the window thats unclean ;) i had this issue.

Ooo good insight andy lol :) I had'nt thought of that, will have to give the inside of the window a clean and then polish it with some more window polish and see if that makes a difference to it. Thanks :)