ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washing???????

clio 182 cup
this is gonna make me sound quite stupid,

ive been having trouble washing my car, it seems to look worse when ive done it than it did before, watermarks everywhere ..........
just wondering what techniques /products everyone else uses to get their cars looking good!!
like i say, i know this will seem stupid to mos, but i was just curious.
cheers

clio 182 cup
ill agree,...i think its the drying part tht im not doing!!!
i normally just take it for a spin while its still wet hoping tht will do the trick!!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Dont wash it in bright sunshine.
Keep the panels wet until its time for the final rinse off.
If it is a bit sunny, try using slightly less shampoo.
Dry the panels in the shade last.

Not a 320d
Bright sunshine FTL, just done mine in it, looks fine but then i use good towles. Id invest in a sprayer and spray bottle, and a big tub of megs Last touch, aint cheap but its good s**t. Great to use as a drying aid.

Mind you by the sounds of it, you use a sponge, so i wouldnt bother.

Not a 320d
Nope. Can use Quick Detailer as clay lube yer, but you could use shampoo diluted in a bottle if you wanted.

I use QD as a drying aid all the time, s**t i even use it to remove water markes if the cars clean but been rained on.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
wash it as normal, just get a cloth to dry it with. dont worry about quick detailer or anything else

give it a polish if your really feeling adventurous ;)

Not a 320d
If its got a decent layer of wax or sealant on it itll make the car easier to dry.

What you using to dry anyways?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2x drying towels.

Then QD to top the wax up and get rid of any remaining water marks.

You can use QD all day in the sun, spray on wipe off! :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Eh?? That wont help?? That will just get rid of any crap/limestone etc in hard water areas.

Might be alright on an overcast day but no way will it have that effect in direct sun??

Plus that car on the video is blatently protected with wax etc which most people wont have on.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Errmm yes it will stop water marks, as it filters most of the contaminants that cause water marks, eg lime. Quite a lot of reports on various forums reporting that it does work pretty well

Bumder With A Buffer
Ahhh after reading it properly I see...skipped most of the video too.

Although I still bet it would leave watermarks (albeit maybe not as noticeable) on untreated cars (not everyone wax's remember)

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yeh, there'll still be small marks (can't remember where i saw it, but someone on one forum could only see the marks at night once condensation had formed on the car!! so not going to be noticeable in normal daylight i wouldn't have thought),

But washing in bright sunlight is a nightmare for me with satin black wheels, just seem to dry immediately and then it takes about 10 minutes a wheel to get them looking anywhere near ok, i might buy one, will have to see how the funds are next month

Abarth 500 Essesse
If i get one i'll stick a thread up, thats a big if though, as i might go on holiday, lol water filter or holiday hmmm

Not a 320d
Too expensive for me. Seriously, my water is awful, mum tryed to wash her car the other day and let the water dry after wasing, now the car is covered in watermarks, permanant ones. Will need polishing to remove them.

Just use a Qd ffs, Last touch is great and does top wax up.Its not hugely expensive and you done need all that much.