ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watch the road conditions people!!

LY 200

As above people take it into consideration!!!

It wasnt wet but pretty sure i mustve hit some ice!!!

In normal conditions i wouldnt have been pushing my luck on this roundabout as i wernt going round it major fast and this particular roundabout (a big island like one) as it leads on to our local dual has been done many times at faster speeds!!!

Anyway coming off it late last night being followed by a mate and the back end started to go so i did no more and tried steering out of it so it didnt totally go and well this led to me spinning a few times and ending up in the middle of the dual facing in the wrong direction...sh*t ya pants moment for my passenger but i stayed totally calm but cant stop thinking about what couldve happened to us and the car if i hadnt got lucky and ended where i did!!!

Its totally made me think about conditions now!!!

Cheers

**one lucky lad**

Nissan Jewk

The road i live in is a cul-de-sac, there was a covering of extremely slippery sleet. Had to roll my bike out the garage onto this and ride off. Never been so sacred on the road! One false move or a little slip caused by me losing my footing and the bike would have been on its side!

ive had the 182 crossed up a few times on roundabouts in the last few weeks. Its greasy as fook or icey pretty much 99% of the time.

Nissan Jewk

I dont have one on my bike ;). But if I cant feel my fingers after 5 mins of riding, I know its cold enought o be icy lol

TT 225

Not you lol - my dad has the same problem, he bought a cheapo Honda 450 to use to get to work in the winter now tho instead of the Blackbird. Doesnt matter so much if that gets damaged...

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 24 January 2005

ive had the 182 crossed up a few times on roundabouts in the last few weeks. Its greasy as fook or icey pretty much 99% of the time.
lol, you and me both.

Although my tyres are down to the wear indicators now, so Im guessing I really ought to order some new tyres!

LY 200

What do you mean by crossed up mate???

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 24 January 2005

sideways, ie opposite lock to get it straight again.

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by S15VE_M on 24 January 2005

ure a looney jay r perhaps the powers to much. you wana get yourself a 1.0 corsa ;)
Easy tiger, less of the loony eh, easy to slip on ice when youve got a fast car!!!!;)

Im safe as houses usually!!!!

And dan wont be doing that again in hurry, was abit of an eye opener!!!!

LY 200

sideways, ie opposite lock to get it straight again.
Ah rite thats what happened last night, it kicked out but by the time id done the opposite to try n get it back it was too late and decided to just spin, spin and spin!!!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 24 January 2005

I know its not good out there at the moment!!!

What happened to you Ronin???
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=13638http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=13638http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=13638
Its taking me to the main page of the forum matey!!!

LY 200

Jees sorry to hear that Ronin!!!

Could quite easily have been the same outcome for me last night.....Guess i just got lucky!!!

Well Jay what can i say never try and push the badboy rsi see what happened you nearly totalled ya car and we still didnt get that little sh!t of a 206 driver always next weekend ;)

LY 200

Na mate il have me tail between me legs for a good few weeks yet!!!

May aswell get that 1.0 corsa steve mentioned earlier!!!Lol