ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water cooling???

Was a 197
i was thinking of delving into the world of water cooling in my pc. i've looked at various web sites, but i cant seem to get round what i exactly need.

i've worked out that i need a reservoir for the water and some tubing for the water and also a pump, is that all or is there anything else.

Cheers guys and/or girls

R35 GTR
For £4500 I'll sell you the cooling rig i setup at work, it has two huge radiators about a metre long and 3 jet pumps, with a 200 litre tank. Would probably cool your chip pretty well, it can handle 24kW.:D

Chelsea tractor
You'll need: Reservoir, radiator, pump, piping, splitters, blocks for cgp/gpu/northbridge, non-ionic cooling fluid (which is fairly expensive).

Nice little flow designer here

Was a 197
my specs are as follows

Penitum D 820 (soon to to be core 2 duo)
asus p5n-e sli
geforce 7600gt
3 hdd (1 ide 2 sata)
2 dvdrw drives
1 gig ddr2 533 ram

the reason why for water cooling is i have 5 fans in my pc for reason is that the room is next to the boiler so is hottest room in house, the fans do make quite a noise. the were all suppose to be silent (i supposed that ment silent in operation) and that it is the air moving around makin the noise. so i thought if i took the air out of the equation it would make it quieter.

i have seen some kits for around £80,does that seem reasonable

i wouldnt risk buying a 'cheap' watercooling kit personally :/ Never used one but you dont want it going tits up!

What case have you got? Because my antec 900 is literally touching the radiator on the wall and ive never had problems.

Im running:

C2D E6400 @ 3.4
2GB of GeIL ram
Radeon X1950 pro (getting replaced shortly with a new radeon line)
3hdd (2 SATA + 1 IDE)

my case has:

2 x 120mm fans at front taking air in
1 x 120mm fan at the back taking air out
1 x 200mm fan at the top above cpu bring lotsa cold air in :0)

It also has a spot for another 120mm fan on the side of the case, but it isnt needed for me as my temps are very low atm anyway.

You can pick that case up for 60 notes nowadays, which is a bargain, and, its vry quiet!

I didnt think there was any need for water cooling unless your planning on pushing your componants to the limit?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
my specs are as follows

Penitum D 820 (soon to to be core 2 duo)
asus p5n-e sli
geforce 7600gt
3 hdd (1 ide 2 sata)
2 dvdrw drives
1 gig ddr2 533 ra

That spec doesnt warrent water cooling, when you get the Core 2 chip it will be better as they run cooler. Just buy some quite, decent fans and cable tie everything out of the way.

Audi TT 225
I had a coolermaster water cooling unit... the pump broke, stopped working. The water in the CPU unit boiled, cracked the case and spewed all over my PC.
Think hard before you do this, I know its a neat idea but it can go horribly wrong!
water and eclecy dont mix!

Not a Clio
Sounds to me like you have a problem with the temperature in the room, not in your pc case.

I'd suggest an air conditioning unit for the room, might even work out cheaper than water cooling.

watercooling = silent
fans = loud

Surely water cooling is only silent if you want the water to boil? Last time I checked, all half decent water cooling setups have fans drawing air through the radiator. The exception is Zalmans fanless design.

Dci 100
just buy a large fridge for your kitchen, put your PC in there and get some extra long cables for your computer and run them all to your room, then it will be perfectly quiete, and then you've got a good excuse to go and walk around or get a snack when you need to use the CD drives :rasp:

just buy a large fridge for your kitchen, put your PC in there and get some extra long cables for your computer and run them all to your room, then it will be perfectly quiete, and then you've got a good excuse to go and walk around or get a snack when you need to use the CD drives :rasp:

i did actually see someone that had done this... except the fridge was in there room, and it was a freezer :p

Not a Clio
also the buzz of a pc hardly noticeable even withut music

Depends on how many fans and type of fans. My 7 are quieter than the 6 my mrs has. Hers are bloody loud, you really notice it when she turns her machine off.

watercooling = silent
fans = loud

I disagree.
The fully watercooled machine we built was louder than a system with quiet fans.
The pump makes a noise, there are fans anyway on the rads, so I'd only ever use it if you want to overclock like mad. For silence, I'd ALWAYS go quiet fans.

It could have been a poor pump or whatever, but, a pump has still gotta pump water.. so... always going to be some noise.