ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water getting inside car

clio sport 172
anyone in the wales area know of anyone who can identify where this rain water leak is getting in.or a good garage i can take my car to,its pis*ing me off now hoovering the puddles out with asda hoover machine :)

thanks all.

clio sport 172
no coolant loss,this is literally puddles in the car,worst area is the drivers footpedal area and under drivers seat absoloutly soaked as i said with puddles, passenger floor wet and rear floors wet but not puddles.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Check that the overflow pipe at the back of the engine bay isnt blocked, water literally pisses out of that from the scuttle when its raining, if its blocked it can find other places to go instead.

clio sport 172
what do i need to remove to get at that pipe in the centre of the engine mate im not very mechanically minded,
thanks guys

clio sport 172
If the scuttle drain had been blocked would the water be coming down past the pedals? As this is where my floor seems to be have getting wet from

Black Clio Mk3
i have the same problem in my mk3 i find the water dripping under the steering wheel cover.. (pictures to follow) there was a blockage in the engine bay pipe but have now cleared, Still trying to figure out how its still leaking water tho :l

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
What car is it? I had a leaking sunroof on my 51 plate dynamique. The water would gather at the drivers footwell all the time!

clio sport 172
It's a 172 just completely striped all carpets and sound proofing out so I can keep an eye on it to see if still leaking cleaned my scuttle drains out the other day didn't seem that blocked in all fairness though

clio sport 172
Right found were the water is getting in! Along drivers side foot well there's a rubber bung any ideas what it is? That's we're the water is coming from

clio sport 172
my leak was the middle drainage was blocked with leaves, cleaned it out and aint had a drop of water in since.

Clio
i had the same last week, just cleared the middle drainage tube which was completley blocked with leaves/dirt ect, plus the drivers side drainage in the scuttle panel was blocked, cleared these out and not had a drop of water since.