ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in footwell

Jap Box
Well, got into the car this morning greeted by a huge amount of water in the footwell :(

Looks like it come in from the door and seeped through the bottom in the tiny hole. Its then gone over the seal and seeped down into the carpet, soaked it all and I assume foam below it?

Then pooled by the footrest, what could be the cause to this?

Thanks

Jap Box
Pretty sure, its a brown muddish colour, checked above it and theres nothing else wet. There was also a line of water from the bottom of the door going down onto the car mat and below it.

Ill pour some water down the door later and see if it leaks down and into the car.

What can I use for now to soak up the water and damp before it ruins anything?

Civic Type R
Exactly the same problem as you when I have got into the car today, passenger side, mines only a little bit wet though, no puddles yet!!

Jap Box
Exactly the same problem as you when I have got into the car today, passenger side, mines only a little bit wet though, no puddles yet!!

Mines getting in through the drivers door seal that goes against the glass outside. Somethings snapped I presume so theres roughly a 10mm gap between the seel and the window, so it lets everything get into it! :(

Obviously the water didnt get out fast enough last night and it managed to pool up and overflow into the car, as after taking the speaker out of the door an the door card off I could see the water marks on there and its never been like that before :( speaker is starting to get rust :rasp:

Here was the state on mine:

dsc02615q.jpg

Ive thrown in some damp traps today now and emptied out out into the inside of the door so hopefully it soaks everything up (Even if now it looks like im storing loose drugs in the door car as white powder keeps falling out o the side when I close it)

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
I solved this on mine recently, for me the issue was a missing bolt. There's a removable flap in the plastic sill trim you step over, under which should be one of those metal loops - same as under the seat or in the boot - bolted to the sill. Mine was strangely missing on the drivers side leaving an M6 hole to the outside world! New dome head bolt and home-made rubber washer and all's dry now.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Holy sh*t, mine was nowhere near as bad as that tho!!

Jap Box
I solved this on mine recently, for me the issue was a missing bolt. There's a removable flap in the plastic sill trim you step over, under which should be one of those metal loops - same as under the seat or in the boot - bolted to the sill. Mine was strangely missing on the drivers side leaving an M6 hole to the outside world! New dome head bolt and home-made rubber washer and all's dry now.

Mines getting in through the door from the outside, as I think the door has mis-shaped somehow to leave a gap between the window and the seal. In which I found out today people thought it to be funny to shove fag buts down into.

The water usually leaks out again to the outside of the car, but due to the amount of rain it built up and then overflowed through the speaker area and the bottom of the doorcard and got into the car :(

Ill go and check how dry it is in a bit, as it was practicaly soaked this morning :(

Holy sh*t, mine was nowhere near as bad as that tho!!

Yeah I thought mine was quite bad :(

Civic Type R
Mines no where near that wet, just feels wet to the touch. Looks like it could be the drain holes, have had some very very wet weather her for the last day !!

Jap Box
Mines no where near that wet, just feels wet to the touch. Looks like it could be the drain holes, have had some very very wet weather her for the last day !!

Yeah, there was some plastic or something down covering 1/2 of them somehow :S removed all the rubbish from inside it now and as a temp fix I cut up a binbag and taped it over the bottom of the window and the door just to be on the safe side.

Drain holes are the holes at the bottom of the door I assume?

j26

Clio 197
i have just had same problem and it was coming through the heater blower under the scuttle panel, it was the rubber flap stuck shut that releases the water into the inner arch maybe worth a try.

Jap Box
i have just had same problem and it was coming through the heater blower under the scuttle panel, it was the rubber flap stuck shut that releases the water into the inner arch maybe worth a try.

Ahh, never thought of it to be that!

Where is the rubber flap that could be stuck shut? Fairly obvious upon removing the scuttle panel to find it?

Did find it odd how the water made a pool in that area rather than closer to the door, I assumed it was just because of the way the car was parked.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
thats the shape of the floor inside it will need stripping right out as it never dries inside and smeels and when it freezes you will have to sctape inside as well as outside.
could be the bulkhead drains or around the back of the door panel should be a sticky seal check its in tact

j26

Clio 197
Ahh, never thought of it to be that!

Where is the rubber flap that could be stuck shut? Fairly obvious upon removing the scuttle panel to find it?

Did find it odd how the water made a pool in that area rather than closer to the door, I assumed it was just because of the way the car was parked.

when bonnet is open, looking at the suttle panel its just in front of the driver, no need to take wipers off to remove panel.
there was another little panel that slid out from the bottom edge of the windscreen, this makes all the heater blower acsessable.
best to get a torch and a long screw driver and push down just below the blower a rubber bung will be somewhere there.

as soon as i took the cover off it was eaay to see water collecting as there was literally a pool of water in there even covering some of the wiring.

hope this helps

Jap Box
Ahh right, well theres no water there today :) so my binbag did the trick lol

Will still check the other places for the water now too though as I think the one damp trap had water ontop of it and that was under the blower.